+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Isn't it lovely to be nice?

Isn't it lovely to be nice?

Although in my opinion frog got a few things wrong in his posts I must congratulate him on bringing the subject of behaviour up and most have responded in a splendid way.

It's now a charming site with niceties and pleasantries abounding.

I was thinking of inviting monty and one or two others for tea but I will be away for a short time...This may help a bit by removing me from the situation as I do seem to be a red flag to a bull at times.

I congratulate all those who are responding to frog's pleas and I for one will try and continue to post in a polite and respectful manner.....I have total trust that others will continue to do the same.

I will be monitoring the situation from my sun bed so please continue with the charm.

Well done frog and a thank you to pocket rocket who calmed me down at a time I was about to boil over.

Lots of love

k...( with a small kicking k)

Quote Originally Posted by kempo View Post
    Although in my opinion frog got a few things wrong in his posts I must congratulate him on bringing the subject of behaviour up and most have responded in a splendid way.

I was thinking of inviting monty and one or two others for tea but I will be away for a short time...This may help a bit by removing me from the situation as I do seem to be a red flag to a bull at times.

I congratulate all those who are responding to frog's pleas and I for one will try and continue to post in a polite and respectful manner.....I have total trust that others will continue to do the same.

I will be monitoring the situation from my sun bed so please continue with the charm.

Well done frog and a thank you to pocket rocket who calmed me down at a time I was about to boil over.

Lots of love

👀
    Enjoy your holiday Kempo

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    👀
    Enjoy your holiday Kempo
    Thank you so much millertop and I must say some great posts from you in the last few days and thank you so much for the club news you produce on here with a smidgen of interesting 'insider' info.

Another holiday. Wow. How very much I envy you. Another cruise with the delightful Mrs K?

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Another holiday. Wow. How very much I envy you. Another cruise with the delightful Mrs K?
    Thank you very much monty for your heartfelt and totally genuine comments.

I feel that I am ready for a spot of sunshine and a game or two of blackjack with the American guests who like a gamble.

I wish you all the best and thank you once again for the kindest of comments.

May I say without embarrassing you how much I have enjoyed reading some of your articles on the battle of Brunenburh.

I was particularly interested in another author's view that the site may have been Brinsworth as I used to live there on Roman Crescent.

Absolutely gripping stuff and I admire your enthusiasm for this topic and even as a non enthusiast on this particular topic I absolutely loved trawling through your work.

k with love and respect

Compliments of the morning to you Kempo

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Compliments of the morning to you Kempo
    And to you gmgm.

I do hope the boxing training is going well.

I am sidelined at the moment due to problems with my chronic groin injury a legacy of a lifetime of fitness training but I hope to be back soon.

Have a really good day and I do hope your business is thriving also.

k

Lots of love

As Mrs Brown would say "that's nice"

(Kisses)

G

Thank you very much monty for your heartfelt and totally genuine comments.

I feel that I am ready for a spot of sunshine and a game or two of blackjack with the American guests who like a gamble.

I wish you all the best and thank you once again for the kindest of comments.

May I say without embarrassing you how much I have enjoyed reading some of your articles on the battle of Brunenburh.

I was particularly interested in another author's view that the site may have been Brinsworth as I used to live there on Roman Crescent.

Absolutely gripping stuff and I admire your enthusiasm for this topic and even as a non enthusiast on this particular topic I absolutely loved trawling through your work.

k with love and respect
    You have made my day despite the wrong spelling of Brunanburh (Zil has the same trouble). I am glad that you have finally realised that I was not the proponent of Brinsworth. Sad to say it's most prominent advocate, Michael Wood, has now changed his mind and thinks the battle was a few miles away on a hill overlooking the river Went. If you like I can send you a signed copy of my various articles, a dvd of my TV series and an advance copy of my book soon to be out with the OUP. Don't worry about the Latin, Old English and Gaelic passages as I provide translations for the non-academic reader.

It's an interesting topic Monty.

I think the battle ground might have been further away. My thought is that it might have been at Stamford Bridge. A traditional strongpoint river crossing and natural geographical boundary.

The later much recorded battle of 1066 would have obliterated any real archaeological evidence thus making proof impossible.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast