+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The chairman MUST support the manager.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    True, but you have to consider why we usually have a lot of players out injured under the Warney regime, and much more so than under Steve Evans. It could be just sheer bad luck... but if you look at the previous fitness records of the players, it probably isn't. If it IS sheer bad luck, it will probably even out eventually (and I hope that is the case) , if not it is unlikely to do so. We shall see...
    Mike, follow any other club in any other sport and you'll see exactly the same pattern of woe regarding transfers and injuries, it's not just a RUFC phenomena. Last week was the first round of 4 preseason games in the NFL and and off the top of my head I could name at least 10 players who are 'done' for the season. As for transfer woes or drafting woes that we see in the US, Google Malik McDowell and read that story. $3.2M signing bonus for someone who never made it to his first training session let alone played a game.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    So if we sold ajayi for 2 million instead of 1.5 million then instead of offering 300k for a league 2 CB we could have offered 800k and deff got him.
    Yep that makes more sense now. Douglas needs sacking as obv he is running the club and is making poor deals for rufc

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    True, but you have to consider why we usually have a lot of players out injured under the Warney regime, and much more so than under Steve Evans. It could be just sheer bad luck... but if you look at the previous fitness records of the players, it probably isn't. If it IS sheer bad luck, it will probably even out eventually (and I hope that is the case) , if not it is unlikely to do so. We shall see...
    Mike - are our I juries actually any worse, on average, than anyone else's?

I have no idea, just curious.

I'm pretty sure that Warney did not want to sell Semi,"he's like having three players for the price of one",however he did say if a monster bid came in ,we would have to consider it.1.5 million is hardly a massive bid in comparison to what lesser players have left other clubs for.He was a player who never got injured and voted player of the championship player of the month.We should never have let him go without a ready replacement and kept him for this season.It makes economic sense not to sell him and a far better chance of returning to the championship,where 10 million TV deal money would be available.We didn't need the cash, after receiving 2.5 million for Vaulks so why let Ajayi go for peanuts?

We got 1.5 million for him plus add-on's. How much did Cardiff get?
    Imo He didn't improve that much to warrant being worth nowt then 2 years later being worth 1.5 million.
    As Casper said. If 1.5 million was the highest offer and ajayi wanted to go to wba it doesn't matter what anyone thinks he's worth.
    Bill form the 4 big sales over the past few seasons. Vaulkes, AJ, ward, agard which went for more than you thought and which went for about the right price?

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Warney did not want to sell Semi,"he's like having three players for the price of one",however he did say if a monster bid came in ,we would have to consider it.1.5 million is hardly a massive bid in comparison to what lesser players have left other clubs for.He was a player who never got injured and voted player of the championship player of the month.We should never have let him go without a ready replacement and kept him for this season.It makes economic sense not to sell him and a far better chance of returning to the championship,where 10 million TV deal money would be available.We didn't need the cash, after receiving 2.5 million for Vaulks so why let Ajayi go for peanuts?
    Have you actually considered what Ajayi wanted this season?
    If it was a bigger club, much more wages a chance to further his career with a chance of eventually playing in the Premiership or stick with us on the off chance we get promoted this season I know which I would have chosen.
    Where were all these Championship clubs that were willing to pay £3M and above for Ajayi. If there had been several clubs after him it could well have increased the bids and he would have gone to the highest bidder, as it turned out WBA were the highest bidder. Alternative to selling is him walking away for free at the end of this season. No guarantees we would have gained promotion with him in the side either.
    I agree we should have had someone lined up to take his place although Blackpool reneging on the original deal for Tilt didn’t help matters.

I've been away for over a week and fully expected to see some new arrivals.Having this fixture break the club has had, it would have been the ideal time for new recruits to get to know each other.Instead Warney has problems in defence,that he has constantly highlighted but he has not been allowed to bring these players in.The wide players he has earmarked,we have seen no movement.Is it going to be the last gasp bargain basement sale or "pipped at the post" again?

Why do we have problems in Defence??? We have played 4 games 3 in the league and 1 in the cup . 3 of those games have been away ,and we have conceded 1 goal with 2 clean sheets. Is that a problem???

I seriously despair at some comments on here.
    We have had a decent start the manager has the clubs best interest and won’t just sign anyone.
    We have a good young squad.

It’s like what can I moan at this morning.
    People like millertop put balance on it others just moan about everything try been a Bury fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    I seriously despair at some comments on here.
    We have had a decent start the manager has the clubs best interest and won’t just sign anyone.
    We have a good young squad.

It’s like what can I moan at this morning.
    People like millertop put balance on it others just moan about everything try been a Bury fan.
    At present both full backs are injured,we have no cover and if one of the central defenders gets injured we are up the creek.The chairman has received the money through selling our top players and the wage bill has decreased.We are the complete opposite to Bury.They spent fake money,we have got the real stuff but it is no good if we do not invest, to improve the squad we have at present.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast