+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Motherwell away October 19th roll call, match thread and all that cr@p

Good result, good win well done lads

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Haha - fair play RST for holding your hands up 😂

To be fair I don’t think any of us saw that coming but you can’t say anything but very well done to Del & the lads.

Didn’t see the first 10 mins as I was searching for a stream so missed the pen (well done Joe for saving it) but what I saw after that was pretty impressive all over the park.

My main takeaways were we generally kept the ball on the deck, actually strung some passes together and created chances due to this. We pressed higher up the park & used the channels & players breaking from midfield very well.

Pretty much everything we’ve been wanting them to do all season & they haven’t.

Yet folk wonder why the fans get pissed off - that’s what they can do with the right attitude & tactics.

They can all be very pleased with their efforts but a few special mentions:

Ballon D’or lead the line brilliantly. Great runs, hold up play, lay offs & an absolutely lovely finish for his goal. My only complaint remains for a big lad he goes down far too easy sometimes but I defy you to call him a Donkey today Blowupsheep.

Gallagher was really good. Bundles of energy as you’d expect but he supported that by making a lot of intelligent runs and passes which we haven’t seen often. As we tried to hit on the break his pace terrified them. Very good son.

Vyner & Leigh standouts for me though. Absolutely bossed the middle, pressed, harried, made themselves available to allow us to play the ball on the deck & got forward in support on the break brilliantly.

The best centre mid pairing we’ve had this season. Vyner’s strike an absolute screamer too.

Leigh shades MOTM for me though for his all round display - top notch son.

Defensive 4 were all very good too. Solid & didn’t allow Motherwell many chances at all.

God knows what Del will do for next week now. Me, I’d leave the starting team as is - doubt he will though.

However that’s for next week. Tonight I’m going to enjoy a great performance from a bunch of lads, several of whom were playing out of position but stepped up to the plate & delivered.

So take a bow lads - & more of the same every week please!!
    Great summary as usual moog.
    I have actually packed it in for the time being pal, that's the last 4 games in a row that I have not tuned in for at all as I really am well and truly sick fed of it all.

However I was indeed very pleasantly surprised and happy when I seen the result from yesterday (Well done to all) I have watched bits and pieces of the highlights and the goals on Red TV this morning, three very nice goals and yes the big lad took his one very well indeed, so credit where it is due.
    But he's still a donkey and goes down far too fkn easy for a big loon, and is lucky in my eyes not to pick up a bucket load of booking for basically diving.

Anyway onwards and upwards and all that, and I winna be tuning in next week either as at my age I need to try and keep a handle on my blood pressure, and by nae watching the dons for a while it seems to be helping

Great all round performance. Watched on Red TV.

The commentary from the Motherwell TV guys was very good. Slight bias towards the Well but nowhere near as bad as thin eejit Shinie or should it be ****ey on a Red TV

A good win and just what was needed! But I'll refrain from giving to much praise as itll take more than that to convince me. A good performance and maybe a point nxt sun is required.

Very decent away result and a good performance by all accounts. Really need to build on that now though starting with taking something next weekend, Tims have lazio on Thursday night so need to get right in aboot them on Sunday.

I saw Vyner, Leigh, Gallagher and Cosgrove walking through Union Square in their AFC tracksuits last night looking well pleased with themselves and rightly so...

Quote Originally Posted by its_a_goal View Post
    Great all round performance. Watched on Red TV.

The commentary from the Motherwell TV guys was very good. Slight bias towards the Well but nowhere near as bad as thin eejit Shinie or should it be ****ey on a Red TV
    I noticed that about the commentary also....fair play to Motherwell. It was decent.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I noticed that about the commentary also....fair play to Motherwell. It was decent.
    It was good but compared to RedTV clowns Archie would sound informed and impartial. The young guy did mention Cosgrove's "physicality'' (when did that become a word BTW?). I checked - (OK WIKI) but Cosgrove is 67Kg , fck sake no wonder he is easy to knock over that's what? 10.5 stone?
    To clarify i thought he was excellent yesterday did all the things a 9 should do and took his goal really well but he's never going to bully centre backs and his COG must be around his chin!

Seen the goals. Bravo to all three

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Great summary as usual moog.
    I have actually packed it in for the time being pal, that's the last 4 games in a row that I have not tuned in for at all as I really am well and truly sick fed of it all.

However I was indeed very pleasantly surprised and happy when I seen the result from yesterday (Well done to all) I have watched bits and pieces of the highlights and the goals on Red TV this morning, three very nice goals and yes the big lad took his one very well indeed, so credit where it is due.
    But he's still a donkey and goes down far too fkn easy for a big loon, and is lucky in my eyes not to pick up a bucket load of booking for basically diving.

Anyway onwards and upwards and all that, and I winna be tuning in next week either as at my age I need to try and keep a handle on my blood pressure, and by nae watching the dons for a while it seems to be helping
    Well I guess you giving him some credit is something at least - we’ll call that progress BUS min 😂

We agree on the going down way too easy thing though - needs to cut it out.

No fuuckin way that loon is only 10.5 stone though. Wiki spikkin sh1te again. He’s taller than me & similar build (I’m probably a bit less athletic to be fair :-) and I'm near 13 Stone.

No doubt the boy must be the most improved player in the league by some distance this last 12 months. Hard to believe it’s the same boy as started last season. I’ll be perfectly happy if he keeps up these donkey like performances...
    Last edited by The_Moog; 20-10-2019 at 11:17 AM.

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast