+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alan Spending The Cash

Alan Spending The Cash

1.5 million on the hotel extension at the golf club.

Good for him.

It's likely to provide a better return on the investment than ploughing the same amount of money into a lower league football club, that's for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    It's likely to provide a better return on the investment than ploughing the same amount of money into a lower league football club, that's for sure!
    Exactly. I would think the golf club is a profitable business and he’s able to plough profits back into it. With the football club he’s putting money in to cover our losses, a situation that I can’t see being turned around any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    Exactly. I would think the golf club is a profitable business and he’s able to plough profits back into it. With the football club he’s putting money in to cover our losses, a situation that I can’t see being turned around any time soon.
    I've said it before on this message board, but it always amuses me when fans call for "investment" in their club. It's such nonsense, for all but the most successful Premier League clubs. If you put money into a lower league football club in this country and in most other leagues, the chances are you will never see (most of) it again. There's plenty of TV money in the football industry, but most of it is going out of the game in player wages. What fans are really asking for is a benefactor, not an investor. The best a club chairman can do to get (some of) their money back is to pay themselves a good wage.

How on earth do clubs like Accrington survive,let alone be successful.

Quote Originally Posted by gozzie321 View Post
    They do fantastic on their crowds but it depends on what you define as successful?

I think if you are second in the league with crowds of under 2,000,you can count yourself as being successful.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    AH has already turned down 2 offers for the club in which he could have walked away with a profit.One was for him to actually stay on as chairman.His own words earlier this season

Quote Originally Posted by gozzie321 View Post
    I think you’ll find it’s down to Andy Holt, their owner, putting his hand in his pocket.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast