+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester City on a different planet

Manchester City on a different planet

Just finished watching Manchester City slaughter Tottenham and I have to say they are playing a level of football I've never witnessed in the Premier League before. In fact, I would rank them alongside Capello's AC Milan of the 1980s and Pep Guardiola's Barcelona team as the best three club sides I've seen in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Just finished watching Manchester City slaughter Tottenham and I have to say they are playing a level of football I've never witnessed in the Premier League before. In fact, I would rank them alongside Capello's AC Milan of the 1980s and Pep Guardiola's Barcelona team as the best three club sides I've seen in my lifetime.

Its just like watching County

What about Real Madrid with Puskas?

Yes, they look unstoppable at the moment.... It could have been double figures if Kane and Dele Ali had been rightly red carded....Mind De Bruyne stuck it right up Dele Ali a**e with that goal just after the Dele Ali foul...

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    Before my time I'm afraid, my football awareness began in the mid-1980s, but I'm sure others will remember comparable teams from earlier generations.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Before my time I'm afraid, my football awareness began in the mid-1980s, but I'm sure others will remember comparable teams from earlier generations.

Money buys success, sorry Mr Corbyn....

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    Not only Puskas 'uysapie' but di Stefano, Hector Rial, and the great Gento....

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    Not only Puskas 'uysapie' but di Stefano, Hector Rial, and the great Gento....
    What about that great Brazilian player who resided in Bulwell, RiverLeeno?

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Money buys success, sorry Mr Corbyn....
    Corbyn is an Arsenal fan. They have plenty of money but it's not buying them success.

I'm not fan of Man City but they are raising the bar. It wasn't long ago 'experts' were saying no-one could compete with Barca, but now Man City have every chance of winning the Champions League. Hell, even Spurs beat Real Madrid. Man City will, in turn, be challenged again by the other English clubs. But for now, they are unstoppable.

Also, it's worth remembering that 3 regulars in that team are English (Walker, Stones, Sterling), so excuses from Southgate about having no-one to pick from will sound a bit hollow.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    What about that great Brazilian player who resided in Bulwell, RiverLeeno?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast