+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What did I just watch?

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    It's all about opinions Balti , I thought Enzio ( and unless he farted ) I didn't see any " blasting " was useless. I thought Elliot, who wasn't great by any means was one of our better performers . Lets face it mate , Hewitt could have a stormer and you would criticize his new haircut .
    Yeah, I don't think you was at the game with that. So you managed to miss the run from his own half past their full back then put in a cross? Try paying more attention. On that note, still waiting for you to point out what Hewitt offer to the team and what he did today to say he was one of the better performers? Please do say because he was the weakling in my opinion. We lost the ball and that was us under the cosh with the defence on the back foot, he did nothing to stop it. So please, I do ask, what exactly does Hewitt offer? And if you say his throw, I'll be calling him Jude Sterling from here on in

It's all about opinions Balti , I thought Enzio ( and unless he farted ) I didn't see any " blasting " was useless. I thought Elliot, who wasn't great by any means was one of our better performers . Lets face it mate , Hewitt could have a stormer and you would criticize his new haircut .
    I honestly thought Enzio did ok. Few nice touches and a couple of decent runs. Hewitt? no worse and no better than most of them.

As Charlie slater said
    At this stage We are one point better off than last season

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Yeah, I don't think you was at the game with that. So you managed to miss the run from his own half past their full back then put in a cross? Try paying more attention. On that note, still waiting for you to point out what Hewitt offer to the team and what he did today to say he was one of the better performers? Please do say because he was the weakling in my opinion. We lost the ball and that was us under the cosh with the defence on the back foot, he did nothing to stop it. So please, I do ask, what exactly does Hewitt offer? And if you say his throw, I'll be calling him Jude Sterling from here on in
    Hopefully once Kellett is match fit he will start with Vaughan. It's crazy how opinions vary, i thought that whenever Enzio and Thomas were actually given the ball they looked threatening.

Enzio miscontrolled it a couple of times in front of the Pavis and was quiet in the second half until he put that great cross in for Dennis. I'd imagine people are remembering the two times he didn't control the ball and basing their whole opinions on that. He looked good and like a winger that isn't afraid to run at his defender, something we've missed for a while.

I don't think either team ever really got going, we both had decent spells where we looked like decent sides but neither could keep it going. The only hoof ball was from Fitzsimons' kicks which is just standard League 2 (his kicking was awful btw, where are the Collin haters now?) when we actually had possession we kept it on the floor and tried to get it out to the wingers.

Stead created a good chance with a backheel to Hemmings, Nathan Thomas missed a free volley first half and almost scored our goal of the season in the second half with another volley. Dennis came very close and Brisley wasn't far away with his header from a long throw. We created a reasonable amount of chances (as did they, including our static defending when they hit the bar) but for me it was just a bit of a nothing game, nobody really stood out as playing well and nobody other than Dan Jones looked particularly awful, he looked slow to react to everything all game imo.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mac pie View Post
    As Charlie slater said
    At this stage We are one point better off than last season
    Absolutely, unfortunately we look about as organised as a bag of sheite, as we did all pre-season, against any decent side. We need to improve and sharpish.

" Try paying more attention " FFS, numpty.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 04-08-2018 at 08:30 PM. Reason: fixed quote code error

[QUOTE=navypie;38967666]
    Yeah, I don't think you was at the game with that. So you managed to miss the run from his own half past their full back then put in a cross? Try paying more attention. On that note, still waiting for you to point out what Hewitt offer to the team and what he did today to say he was one of the better performers? Please do say because he was the weakling in my opinion. We lost the ball and that was us under the cosh with the defence on the back foot, he did nothing to stop it. So please, I do ask, what exactly does Hewitt offer? And if you say his throw, I'll be calling him Jude Sterling from here on in[/QUOTE

" Try paying more attention " FFS, numpty.
    You weren't by any chance in charge of navigation on HMS Nottingham when she hit that Rock were you? Or maybe HMS Astute when she beached herself? Would make sense with your observation "skills"

Enzio had one good run, one decent shot and one decent cross. The problem is he comes with a certain weight of expectation given that we forked out a decent fee for him. Same with Hemmings and Dennis.

While KN will get most of the flak if we don’t start putting in better performances (going back to the second half of last season), isn’t his assistant, Thomas, the one coaching the players? There were pockets of neat interplay a couple of times today, and that’s what we need to build on. We need more pace from the centre of midfield, though - maybe go 4-3-3 and bring in either Husin or Crawford to help link the play better?

[QUOTE=Chicken Balti Pie;38967679]

You weren't by any chance in charge of navigation on HMS Nottingham when she hit that Rock were you? Or maybe HMS Astute when she beached herself? Would make sense with your observation "skills"
    Not to sure , age is a terrible thing.
    Last edited by navypie; 04-08-2018 at 06:44 PM.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast