+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Murrayfield or Hampden?

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    What years are we talking about here? If you're mentioning Hearts in must be around 1980-82....Is that when Wattie Buchan of The Exploited and all the mohawked Edinburgh punks were causing bovver?

I remember August 1991, with Airdrieonians back up after ten years, and The Dons playing them at Broomfield (I think it was the curtain raiser), we tried to scramble back to the Football Special bus avoiding the pitch battles that was taking place down Airdrie's High Street...I remember you just pished up against a wall at Broomfield
    I was at that game, that was dodgy getting in and out

The guy who ran the Section B was a chap called Martin Dawson. Easily the most mental person you could ever meet. I left an oasis gig at the cathouse in ‘94 & he had Liam Gallacher in a headlock trying to force feed him eccies. Happy days

Anybody at the Scottish cup tie between Huntly and Airdrie. Train up for that from Aberdeen and a set to with Section B. Is it the Gordon hotel? EIO EIO Airdrie, has there ever been a ****ter song?

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    Anybody at the Scottish cup tie between Huntly and Airdrie. Train up for that from Aberdeen and a set to with Section B. Is it the Gordon hotel? EIO EIO Airdrie, has there ever been a ****ter song?
    I was there and my abiding memory, apart from the trouble outside the hotel, was the racist abuse the Airdrie central defender Gus Caesar received...

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    I was there and my abiding memory, apart from the trouble outside the hotel, was the racist abuse the Airdrie central defender Gus Caesar received...
    Was that the same year Huntly put Dumbarton out at Boghead?

Some recollection bogbrush. No recollection of the game. I did get a lift back after the game to the crown and anchor. Me and my mate lift back by big eck and Malcolm Thompson, you mind that name. It's around the time when peterhead were having a string of replays with Raith Rovers, sure they were at Gayfield too.

Just to add that Airdrie were a decent team then. All hardy hoors. Stewart, Sandison, Kidd, Andy Smith, Boyle, Kirkwood.

I was at the Clyde cup tie and saw no trouble at all. Nor at the Airdrie 1-1 draw in 91, the day the Smith Must Go campaign kicked off.

The Huntly v Airdrie game was memorable for the fecht in the Gordon Arms before KO. Cold? Never noticed. I'm nails me.

Keith v East Stirling in the Scottish Cup in early 68, though, and an 8-3 home stiffing of Rothes earlier that season were played respectively on a pitch six inches higher than usual due to a squad of us going up in the morning and tramping the snow hard on the orders of local refereeing stalwart Jimmy Park, and in a blizzard so bad that we got the final score from The Green Final.

St Johnstone New year's day '83 - abandoned at half time (3-0 to us) due to a blizzard and floodlight failure - few buses running, a'body suffering fae the effects of Hogmanay, and nae wearing winter claes because it was a sunny day when we left whoever's hoose we were drinking in at 2.30. Stunning goal fae Eric Black that counted for nothing and we scraped the re-scheduled game 1-0.

Anyway, Hampden and Murrayfield are baith ****e. Sell the land for housing and rebuild where everybody has a fair chance of getting to the ****ing place (but not internationals, in my case) I believe a "DNA" funding package is the way to go.

57V what's the stretch of road between Huntly and Keith, it was a blin drift travelling back. Baltic that day. I walked back to BOD after St J was abandoned, proper sna. My Smith must go letter to the green final was printed, always been a greeting faced sod when it came to the managers. Who was the fella who got his letter printed every week, D G Ross, something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    57V what's the stretch of road between Huntly and Keith, .
    The A96

Aye but there is a name for the stretch of road after the area it goes through. I canna mind, been away to long. It's flat and open. Pac you work on the drill ships in South Atlantic off Angola. Was pride Angola and Africa when I was down there, but total. You're on bp rig? Luanda still ****e?

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast