+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it wise

Is it wise

To let James Mcpake not just sign players for this transfer window BUT also possibly sign players on pre contract for next season?

This seems utter madness to me given

1. His poor performance so far.

2. He's probably not got the confidence of a big chunk of our support. That's important moving forward.

3. The trial. Given our recent statement on phobias if found guilty his contract would surely be terminated.

And he seems to be keen on cw33 not because he has a vision of where he fits into the team but hes worked well with him in the past and knows his "character".....same as Forster, Byrne and Ness.....hmmm

It all seems a bit scatter brained approach from Dundee as a club and the manager.

I think McPake has as much of a clue as the guy that hired him and he should be gone ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I think McPake has as much of a clue as the guy that hired him and he should be gone ASAP.
    I'm swithering but jacket is on a shoogly peg. I try to not let dabs cloud my judgement but it's easier to make a case for go than stay.

Untenable is not making playoffs....30% chance

Guilty of any offence that DFC have already made position clear on......chances who knows but in current climate🙄

Any dooing from any **** at home.....50/50.

I certainly arnt keen on James signing players that another manager might no fancy.

Surely a club like us should only be signing pre contracts if the managers position is pretty solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I'm swithering but jacket is on a shoogly peg. I try to not let dabs cloud my judgement but it's easier to make a case for go than stay.

Untenable is not making playoffs....30% chance

Guilty of any offence that DFC have already made position clear on......chances who knows but in current climate��

Any dooing from any **** at home.....50/50.

I certainly arnt keen on James signing players that another manager might no fancy.

Surely a club like us should only be signing pre contracts if the managers position is pretty solid.
    Sadly we have ‘form’ in this department.
    Last season McIntyre signed Jason Todd on a pre-contract despite McIntyre’s coat hanging on a shoogly peg at the time.
    In my opinion this has not been a successful signing as Todd has spent most of this season sitting on the subs bench probably because he was not one of McPake’s signings.
    Providing the result of the court case is favourable I think that next season James McPake will still be manager of Dundee Football Club because Tim Keyes stated at the start of this season that promotion was not the ‘be all and end all’ at the end of this season.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Sadly we have ‘form’ in this department.
    Last season McIntyre signed Jason Todd on a pre-contract despite McIntyre’s coat hanging on a shoogly peg at the time.
    In my opinion this has not been a successful signing as Todd has spent most of this season sitting on the subs bench probably because he was not one of McPake’s signings.
    Providing the result of the court case is favourable I think that next season James McPake will still be manager of Dundee Football Club because Tim Keyes stated at the start of this season that promotion was not the ‘be all and end all’ at the end of this season.
    Well I agree as allowing the current manager to sign players for next season (bear in mind still an outside chance of going up) suggests Mcpake is pretty much untouchable for now or we just haven't learned from previous calamities.

It's Tim Keyes money but **** me so much squandered.

I see all the Derby euphoria has worn off then? 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    I see all the Derby euphoria has worn off then? 😂
    Yeah noticed that only 4k tickets sold for the Hibs match
    #7000arabsonlygotoseethedees

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    Whatever keeps you afloat Peter 😂

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    Is it 7000 or 5000 Peter? You seem to keep changing your mind, can't even keep up with your own deelusions 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Is it 7000 or 5000 Peter? You seem to keep changing your mind, can't even keep up with your own deelusions 😂
    What ever number it is you don’t fall into it,

Oh I live 4 hours away, but I’ll make the cup finals, your a glory hunter, why did we never hear from you the last three seasons

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)