+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Towell saga

Quote Originally Posted by nakedtruth View Post
    So then, we know from these reports, there are known loans, there are players we know we can loan. We also know there are known loans that we can’t loan, that is to say we know there are some players we do not know if they can be loans. But there are also unknown loans, the ones where we don't know about a possible loan, and if we look through the history of our club and other loans, it is the loans that didn’t look like loans that start as unknown loans and finish as known loans which we loan.
    You are alone in thinking that!

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    You are alone in thinking that!
    Just remember: "Loanly are the Brave." If we get a player in will he be a "Loan Hero", "Loan Ranger", "Loan Star" or merely a "Loan Survivor"? That's the real question. I think.

If he is available for loan and if he could stay fit (I know it's a big "if") I'd rather have Tom Adeyemi than Richie Towell.

Quote Originally Posted by gkotw View Post
    Vaulks. Thus but freeing up the midfield berth for yates/towell.

Vaulks at RB keeps his long throw weapon also.
    I can't help but think that this would be a terrible move. Vaulks covers well once in a while but he would be mullered every game at RB especially with Taylor in front of him.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I can't help but think that this would be a terrible move. Vaulks covers well once in a while but he would be mullered every game at RB especially with Taylor in front of him.
    Agreed. Vaulks can't tackle, often gives possession away and is slow to get back when he loses the ball.
    Difficult to imagine a worse scenario at right back.

Was told Bristol City insisted Zak Vyner plays RB.
    Doubtful Vaulks would play there unless it was really needed
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 29-08-2018 at 01:21 PM.

I'm not on Twitter, but someone showed me a picture from his Towel's twitter account earlier of what appears to be him driving on the motorway approaching an overhead sign, and has put a smiley face underneath the Sheffield exit?
    I don't know if it's genuine or how old it is, but it could mean he's on his way here or one of the Sheffield clubs, probably United.
    Hopefully he's heading here but I'll not lose sleep if he doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    I'm not on Twitter, but someone showed me a picture from his Towel's twitter account earlier of what appears to be him driving on the motorway approaching an overhead sign, and has put a smiley face underneath the Sheffield exit?
    I don't know if it's genuine or how old it is, but it could mean he's on his way here or one of the Sheffield clubs, probably United.
    Hopefully he's heading here but I'll not lose sleep if he doesn't.
    Nothing on Twitter is genuine. There's a bloke on there every day claiming to be president of the USA

I believe it was Instagram not Twitter. Whether that makes it any more believable who knows.

To be honest, id prefer Yates. That said, both would be very good (drop Vyner from the matchday squad).

Two different players, I know which one Warney prefers, you can all guess surely 😂

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast