+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Standard's Centenary Supplement

Standard's Centenary Supplement

is out today with 24 pages of stories of the Doonhamers throughtout the years. One article is an A to Z of Queens and for the letter Z the writer chose our ex - American player Dzierzawski ? - may be wrong but I always thought that Brazilian super star ZICO's shirt was in the QOS museum having been given to Willie Harkness at the World Cup. However the magazine is a nice souvenir for those fans who collect Queens memorabilia.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    is out today with 24 pages of stories of the Doonhamers throughtout the years. One article is an A to Z of Queens and for the letter Z the writer chose our ex - American player Dzierzawski ? - may be wrong but I always thought that Brazilian super star ZICO's shirt was in the QOS museum having been given to Willie Harkness at the World Cup. However the magazine is a nice souvenir for those fans who collect Queens memorabilia.

Well done to the Dumfries & Galloway Standard for producing this. There’s obviously been a lot of hard work and time put into production it. A definite collectors item.

Yes, very impressed with this magazine. Well done to all concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Auld_Chippy View Post
    Yes, very impressed with this magazine. Well done to all concerned.
    For sure a lot of effort to produce this excellent supplement to commemorate our centenary so well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    For sure a lot of effort to produce this excellent supplement to commemorate our centenary so well done.
    An excellent supplement so well done to everyone involved in it’s production.

I’d also like to congratulate all who helped organise the centenary Hall of Fame evening and the New Bazaar Through the Decades night last week. Two completely different but equally enjoyable events.

Different class.

I have seen the Zico top displayed at Palmerston years ago and too be honest it's one of those moments you just don't forget. Nothing quite like seeing that iconic , almost magical yellow top for a football fan . This 1982 Brazil side was the most beautiful football side I ever saw and Zico was one of the bright lights. Ps Yes Ftivano , a Zico reference would have been far more apt than a Dzierwawski one.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 29-03-2019 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    I have seen the Zico top displayed at Palmerston years ago and too be honest it's one of those moments you just don't forget. Nothing quite like seeing that iconic , almost magical yellow top for a football fan . This 1982 Brazil side was the most beautiful football side I ever saw and Zico was one of the bright lights. Ps Yes Ftivano , a Zico reference would have been far more apt than a Dzierwawski one.

now your talking jr ,that brazil side of 82 were sheer class ,smooth skilful football ,falcao ,socrates,zico,junior,paolo sergio ,eder what a squad best brazil team iv seen and never won it ,thats the way football should be played .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnoz4NuYMU8

Anyone that feels a bit fed up of football should watch that video for a an instant remedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    cheers mate .... I now have a mental picture of Zico taking friends round his house and they are stopped looking at a framed Wiillie Harknes blazer .....

https://youtu.be/FGbYsn2Blus I didn't appreciate this at the time as a 12 year old but this is best struck dead ball I have ever seen. Look at the way he effortlesly wraps his foot around the ball and it drops straight into the top corner with a slight bend. Incredible technique

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)