+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Phil Brown Embarrassed

Phil Brown Embarrassed

Southend United manager Phil Brown slammed his side as 'embarrassing', following the 5-0 defeat at Rotherham United.
    This was the biggest setback for Brown since taking charge of the club in March 2013, " I'm embarrassed, I feel for the fans & I apologise to them, " said Brown.
    " It could have been more than 5-0 & my players will be in at 7am tomorrow now, it was a poor performance from start to finish, & I can't put my finger on why the centre halves didn't want to put their head in, why the strikers couldn't hold it up or take their chances & why the midfield didn't create."
    "Its totally, totally unacceptable & I've got to get to the bottom of why the players didn't perform with pride, & why they've embarrassed themselves to the fans."

Good comments from the opposing manager, but today the Millers were up for it, & they didn't allow Southend to settle, the Millers getting in for the ball in midfield, & forever probing the away defence, & today scoring goals from the chances made.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Southend United manager Phil Brown slammed his side as 'embarrassing', following the 5-0 defeat at Rotherham United.
    This was the biggest setback for Brown since taking charge of the club in March 2013, " I'm embarrassed, I feel for the fans & I apologise to them, " said Brown.
    " It could have been more than 5-0 & my players will be in at 7am tomorrow now, it was a poor performance from start to finish, & I can't put my finger on why the centre halves didn't want to put their head in, why the strikers couldn't hold it up or take their chances & why the midfield didn't create."
    "Its totally, totally unacceptable & I've got to get to the bottom of why the players didn't perform with pride, & why they've embarrassed themselves to the fans."

Good comments from the opposing manager, but today the Millers were up for it, & they didn't allow Southend to settle, the Millers getting in for the ball in midfield, & forever probing the away defence, & today scoring goals from the chances made.
    I think if he can't figure out why they lost he don't belong in a managerial position.

When you have proctor and more bombing down at your defence and our midfield snatching ball off your midfielders it's really easy to see why they lost so badly we completely outplayed them

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    I think if he can't figure out why they lost he don't belong in a managerial position.

When you have proctor and more bombing down at your defence and our midfield snatching ball off your midfielders it's really easy to see why they lost so badly we completely outplayed them
    The Southend players tried hard and were actually the better team in the last 20 minutes, but it was too late - they had already been blasted out of the match by a brilliant Millers performance, which many Championship teams would have been struggling to cope with

Spot on mike