+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Inverness weekend

Thanks for the pub info.Much appreciated.Is there any places that are best avoided? And what's "The Auctioneers" like for food?

Quote Originally Posted by Bagapapa View Post
    Thanks for the pub info.Much appreciated.Is there any places that are best avoided? And what's "The Auctioneers" like for food?
    stick to town centre ,thats where all the pubs etc are, the auctioneers is ok, food ok.

In today's Standard, Naysmith says and I quote: "People don't realise that he's (Alan Martin) played through an injury for us this season, so he couldn't train through the week.....because of that he is maybe not 100 per cent, - but he's getting fitter..."

Does Mr. Naysmith take the paying fans for fools? - We all saw him going off injured a few weeks ago, - so to suggest that "people don't realise he's played through an injury" is not acceptable.

It is also not acceptable to play someone who is clearly unfit, - because he is impacting big time on the results of games, - and that is bound to have an effect on the 10 other players in the team.

It is also not acceptable to admit in the press that your goalkeeper is unfit, - as that is a huge psychological advantage to Inverness and the rest of our competitors.

With the risk of sounding like a record that's stuck (I'm good at that) Naysmith should have arranged for an emergency loan until such times as Martin is fully fit, - which at the moment looks like at least February, - if he starts on the treadmill now!

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    In today's Standard, Naysmith says and I quote: "People don't realise that he's (Alan Martin) played through an injury for us this season, so he couldn't train through the week.....because of that he is maybe not 100 per cent, - but he's getting fitter..."

Does Mr. Naysmith take the paying fans for fools? - We all saw him going off injured a few weeks ago, - so to suggest that "people don't realise he's played through an injury" is not acceptable.

It is also not acceptable to play someone who is clearly unfit, - because he is impacting big time on the results of games, - and that is bound to have an effect on the 10 other players in the team.

It is also not acceptable to admit in the press that your goalkeeper is unfit, - as that is a huge psychological advantage to Inverness and the rest of our competitors.

With the risk of sounding like a record that's stuck (I'm good at that) Naysmith should have arranged for an emergency loan until such times as Martin is fully fit, - which at the moment looks like at least February, - if he starts on the treadmill now!
    Must admit i could not believe Naysmith came away with that statement about Martin in today's Standard - bizarre to say the least !

Getting ready for the long trip to Inverness my first since 2009 when Derek Holmes scored a hat-trick.
    Queens need to get something from the game with the disappointing last few results and with the start Inverness has made we will have a good chance of doing so.

Queens wins this season have all came against teams below as in the league and hopefully this will continue today.

Martin was injured at home in August at home to Brechin, only playing the first 15 minutes and did play the following Saturday at Tannadice and has looked unfit since. Now we're at the end of September and Leighfield has played in the Challenge Cup matches and also appeared from the bench for the remaining 75 minutes of the Brechin game and the full league match at Livingston when Martin had been suffering from the flu. I wonder who Naysmith will opt for today, after Martin's performance on ALBA last Sunday and his report in the local press this week?

So Martin's post match interview has him saying that this was his first full week of training since playing in the first league match of the season. I'm amazed that he's been allowed to play in-between times tbh. No wonder he's not looked good in games.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    So Martin's post match interview has him saying that this was his first full week of training since playing in the first league match of the season. I'm amazed that he's been allowed to play in-between times tbh. No wonder he's not looked good in games.
    Good job Inverness were so crap yesterday then. Can't recall them having a shot on target.

If we’re to start winning games again then our talisman striker needs to start scoring goals again. Would I be correct in saying Dobbie has only scored in one league game this season , and that was his hat-trick at Falkirk

Any idea what the official away support was on Saturday?

That's correct. Dobbie's hat-trick at Falkirk are his only league goals so far, along with 5 cup goals.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)