+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We are right in the **** now

We are right in the **** now

Name:  IMG-20170318-WA0003.jpg
Views: 654
Size:  79.0 KB

Where was Robinson today? Suspended ?

We were the better team in the first half, very unlucky not to sink at least two then of course one mistake at the back (imo keeper at fault rushing out like a lunatic) and we get punished.

2nd half came out with a defeatist attitude, heads down and completely lost our way.
    The penalty was stupid, he could only cut the ball back from that tight angle, no need to foul him. Their winger was causing Mercer problems all game. Why did we not put a extra body on him?

Taking Dykes off was crazy. We were lacking service and Dom Thomas was a passenger all game. Straight easy swap, Connor Murray on early who when eventually did get on did more in 5 minutes than Thomas did all game!

I dont think we are in risk of a relegation battle but we have definitely lost our way for the 2nd spell of the season.

Got to say Deek that Atkinson was NOT to blame for the goals . I am a little tired of all this now as I have seen too much now and realise we won't ever really be any good . I will still go to every game and love this club so much ( maybe too much) but am withdrawing my views on the site . Other things on the horizon now . Cheers anyway.

It's turning into a truly dismal season indeed. We've had worse on paper but I can't remember ever feeling this deflated before in all the years I've supported Queens. Two false dawns and the way we screwed up the chance to appear in a cup final have taken their toll. Aye well, there's always next term....

To be fair I dont think there was much else Atkinson could do...tried to close the angle and there was no one else anywhere near the scorer and it didn't work. From where I was the penalty looked a bit soft but not much you can do.

Fully expect Gary Naismith to say that we cant keep conceding soft goals like we did today the only problem is that we keep conceding them. More worrying today was the apathy from the players and the apathy from the Queens fans didn't get the attendance but it didn't feel there were too many Queens fans there but then again of late the team have been giving them little to go for.

Walked home tonight thinking I wont be back this season but I know I'll be there against Dundee

Official line was that Robinson was injured!!
    Naysmith wasn't a happy man and once again pointed the finger at poor defending. Also said that there were players there who did not play to their abilities.

A major overhaul is required both off and on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    Where was Robinson today? Suspended ? .

We were the better team in the first half, very unlucky not to sink at least two then of course one mistake at the back (imo keeper at fault rushing out like a lunatic) and we get punished.

2nd half came out with a defeatist attitude, heads down and completely lost our way.
    The penalty was stupid, he could only cut the ball back from that tight angle, no need to foul him. Their winger was causing Mercer problems all game. Why did we not put a extra body on him?

Taking Dykes off was crazy. We were lacking service and Dom Thomas was a passenger all game. Straight easy swap, Connor Murray on early who when eventually did get on did more in 5 minutes than Thomas did all game!

I dont think we are in risk of a relegation battle but we have definitely lost our way for the 2nd spell of the season.

Atkinson - blameless
    Marshall - steady
    Mercer - ripped apart all afternoon
    Higgins & Dowie - solid
    Rankin - disappointing again
    Thomas & Thomson - decent
    Jacobs - pass marks
    Dykes - not good enough , goodbye
    Dobbie - anonymous

Queens last two home games vs. Falkirk and St Mirren have been mirror images of each other. Both losing a goal at the end of the first half, then conceding a penalty in the second half.

Naysmith's record is now:

Been in charge for 16 games.....Wins 4, Draws 5, Losses 7

25% win record.....

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    Atkinson - blameless
    Marshall - steady
    Mercer - ripped apart all afternoon
    Higgins & Dowie - solid
    Rankin - disappointing again
    Thomas & Thomson - decent
    Jacobs - pass marks
    Dykes - not good enough , goodbye
    Dobbie - anonymous

Summed up exactly as I saw it as well aloreburn.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)