+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: O.T. Namecallers be very careful what you say.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    EP if it helps then seriously I would imagine that some gullible people would have been influenced by what was said on the bus and poster.
    But I will ask you a question, do you think that project fear influenced some people to vote remain also?
    Quite probably, but as I said before the best liars won. I imagine 'Project Fear' would also alienate a few, because a lot of Brits don't like to be told that we won't cope. It remains to be seen whether we will.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Quite probably, but as I said before the best liars won. I imagine 'Project Fear' would also alienate a few, because a lot of Brits don't like to be told that we won't cope. It remains to be seen whether we will.
    Fair enough

I didn't see it in the campaign but I was abroad at the time of the vote so didn't see much news at all. I can't remember when I first saw it, but it was definitely used by the Leave campaign. It sent out a pretty powerful message and was by far the best lie from either side. Before the vote I was 60/40 in favour of staying, if I thought this would actually happen I would probably have voted to leave.

It didn't take me long to realise that a Tory government would never carry it out, but I honestly believe it persuaded some.
    Okay so you like me didn’t see it during the campaign but if it was out there then no Tory government would ever give the NHS an extra £20 billion!

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    1. Europe falling back into war
    2. Emergency Brexit tax
    3. House prices plummeting by 30-40%
    4. 800 000 on the dole
    5. Each household, 4.5k worse off

All said before the vote and advertised on the telly in interviews/speeches.
    Not to mention Camerons £9 million in a propaganda leaflet, at tax payers expense.

Now, what scared/or twisted folks opinions more?
    A bus decoration suggesting we spend £350 m on the NHS.
    Or the above statements.

I think the bus ******* is a lot more laughable than the above.
    No-one knows yet what will happen. But your first one simply was not said. Security could be compromised yes, falling back into war, no.

But you know that.

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Okay so you like me didn’t see it during the campaign but if it was out there then no Tory government would ever give the NHS an extra £20 billion!
    If it was ..... the photo is clearly here which shows it!

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    No-one knows yet what will happen. But your first one simply was not said. Security could be compromised yes, falling back into war, no.

But you know that.
    Oh behave, this is what Cameron said.

"Can we be so sure peace and stability on our continent are assured beyond any shadow of doubt? Is that a risk worth taking?

I knew it was a load of bull****. However, as the bus slogan is being banded about, who then was stupid/scared enough to believe him?

Door swings both ways. You can't cherry pick, to borrow a phrase.

Has it ever occurred to you, that with project fear etc etc that when the referendum was announced the majority of people had already made their mind up. I know the remoaners will not like this theory..tough.

Oh behave, this is what Cameron said.

"Can we be so sure peace and stability on our continent are assured beyond any shadow of doubt? Is that a risk worth taking?

I knew it was a load of bull****. However, as the bus slogan is being banded about, who then was stupid/scared enough to believe him?

Door swings both ways. You can't cherry pick, to borrow a phrase.
    No need to be so patronising ...where does he say Europe falling back into war? He wasn't even talking about peace and stability being compromised because of Brexit but that it might be compromised if a war situation arose again because of any reason.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    No need to be so patronising ...where does he say Europe falling back into war? He wasn't even talking about peace and stability being compromised because of Brexit but that it might be compromised if a war situation arose again because of any reason.
    Oh for goodness sake.

He was implying, that leaving the EU would compromise "peace and stability". In lay mans terms, that's fighting for snowflakes.
    He then played mind games, by asking if the risk was worth it?
    The EU itself claims as regular as clockwork, that it is responsible for European peace. Not once does it acknowledge NATO.

Now compare that to your bus- "lets spend £350m a week on the NHS instead"
    In no way was it stated we would spend it.
    It suggested.
    Please explain to me the difference?

I'll help you. There isn't one. It's a subliminal message for the weak minded.

And I apologise MM, if you think I'm being patronising. But you seem hell bent that anything said on the remain side was completely innocent. It wasn't

Cameron and Osborn were the two biggest charlatans going and lied immediately upon re election.
    He quit before he was pushed.

Oh for goodness sake.

He was implying, that leaving the EU would compromise "peace and stability". In lay mans terms, that's fighting for snowflakes.
    He then played mind games, by asking if the risk was worth it?
    The EU itself claims as regular as clockwork, that it is responsible for European peace. Not once does it acknowledge NATO.

Now compare that to your bus- "lets spend £350m a week on the NHS instead"
    In no way was it stated we would spend it.
    It suggested.
    Please explain to me the difference?

I'll help you. There isn't one. It's a subliminal message for the weak minded.

And I apologise MM, if you think I'm being patronising. But you seem hell bent that anything said on the remain side was completely innocent. It wasn't

Cameron and Osborn were the two biggest charlatans going and lied immediately upon re election.
    He quit before he was pushed.
    I've a question for you, Tricky. Why is that when someone gets offended by something you say, they are a snowflake, but when you get offended by something someone else says, you aren't a snowflake?

I see this snowflake insult thrown around constantly by Leave voters, right-wingers, and alt-right kids when anyone disagrees with their views, like you guys never take offence yourself, or never moan and complain about things you don't like. It's an easy way to shutdown rational debate, and shows a complete lack of self-awareness.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast