+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Irn Bru - Quarter Finals

Hi there. I'm from Chester. Myself and a few mates came up last season to watch you ,unfortunately loose at home to Dumbarton. We are coming up again in a few weeks again vs Falkirk. We loved your town and we're hoping to make it an annual thing to come up and watch you.
    Anyway was hoping I could help a few of you out. Regarding trains , when we come to dumfies it often works out cheaper to break the trip up. Chester - Warrington bank quay, WBQ -Carlisle , Carlisle -Dumfries. Chester to gobowen is about £8 return.
    As for TNS, some of us from Chester will be in the away end with you for that too. Although not far from Chester I've never been there but I have it on good authority that there's not a lot in gobowen but there's plenty of pubs in Oswestry , and can probably hop on a bus or a taxi for a few quid to there. That's what we will be doing.
    As for those stopping over , Shrewsbury is a good place , and of course you can't beat a night out in Chester. Stay away from Wrexham though. you won't like it.
    Hope that's been of help to someone. See you all in a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sun king View Post
    Hi there. I'm from Chester. Myself and a few mates came up last season to watch you ,unfortunately loose at home to Dumbarton. We are coming up again in a few weeks again vs Falkirk. We loved your town and we're hoping to make it an annual thing to come up and watch you.
    Anyway was hoping I could help a few of you out. Regarding trains , when we come to dumfies it often works out cheaper to break the trip up. Chester - Warrington bank quay, WBQ -Carlisle , Carlisle -Dumfries. Chester to gobowen is about £8 return.
    As for TNS, some of us from Chester will be in the away end with you for that too. Although not far from Chester I've never been there but I have it on good authority that there's not a lot in gobowen but there's plenty of pubs in Oswestry , and can probably hop on a bus or a taxi for a few quid to there. That's what we will be doing.
    As for those stopping over , Shrewsbury is a good place , and of course you can't beat a night out in Chester. Stay away from Wrexham though. you won't like it.
    Hope that's been of help to someone. See you all in a few weeks.
    The game being on a Sunday will put a few travelling fans off and the train times might be different - Sunday is also a favourite day of the railway authorities to do repairs !

With this game now being shown on Welsh Channel 4 (S4C) will this now be a financially rewarding trip down South? I do recall that the organisers did mention that teams would be helped out with travelling costs and overnight accommodation when it was first stated that Irish and Welsh team would be introduced to this competition.

Magnificent seven

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Will bring your 2018 edition to Palmy on Saturday Bagapapa
    Hi my good man, I think 7 of your finest annuals are needed this, year if you could bring them with you on the day please,
    Cheers Bruce see ya in Salopian land. TNS are a bit like Berwick really Welsh( Scottish), but finding themselves the wrong side of a dodgy border. You however will be all welcomed for sure and respected wherever you may go.
    Its like Christmas to have Queens on my doorstep. Happy Days.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmerseybranch View Post
    Hi my good man, I think 7 of your finest annuals are needed this, year if you could bring them with you on the day please,
    Cheers Bruce see ya in Salopian land. TNS are a bit like Berwick really Welsh( Scottish), but finding themselves the wrong side of a dodgy border. You however will be all welcomed for sure and respected wherever you may go.
    Bruce,can you bring another calendar with you on Saturday please,as I have another guy that wants one.Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bagapapa View Post
    Bruce,can you bring another calendar with you on Saturday please,as I have another guy that wants one.Cheers.
    Will do Papa

Look forward to finally meeting you Jimmy, George has spoken a lot about you & I met one of your other members on the way back from Palmy a season or so ago.
    Like you the Shrewsbury branch is more than happy with this fixture, a 20 minute journey for an away fixture.... Happy days.
    The flag will get some looks from the home fans haha

Where are we meeting up?

Quote Originally Posted by jimgiggs View Post
    Look forward to finally meeting you Jimmy, George has spoken a lot about you & I met one of your other members on the way back from Palmy a season or so ago.
    Like you the Shrewsbury branch is more than happy with this fixture, a 20 minute journey for an away fixture.... Happy days.
    The flag will get some looks from the home fans haha
    Looking forward to meeting you in two weeks my good man.
    Where do you suggest that we use as a meeting point?
    The ground is a good mile and a half from the town with virtually nothing out towards the show ground area.
    See you soon Jim

Looking forward to meeting you in two weeks my good man.
    Where do you suggest that we use as a meeting point?
    The ground is a good mile and a half from the town with virtually nothing out towards the show ground area.
    See you soon Jim
    We're having beers in Shrewsbury before getting train in to Gobowen at 1240, getting a cab straight to the club at the ground mate, only one pub in Gobowen so not worth stopping there, a lot more going on in Oswestry but trains don't go there unfortunately.
    Couple of bars at the ground & I've had it on good authority that said bars will be well manned

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)