+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's Your Views On Semi Ajayi

Quote Originally Posted by gkotw View Post
    Stupid antagonistic thread if you ask me. He's a £2m/£3m centre half still under contract. Barnsley dont pay that, nowhere near.

My guess is he'll go to stoke. They raved about him last season and they live in the silly money world of ex premier league clubs.
    I wouldn't be so sure about out of reach financially although your right we wouldn't go to £3m .

Just paid £1.2m to Derby as of half n hour ago for a young midfield player and had a bid of £2m turned down for a lad at Motherwell who went to Celtic yesterday for £3.25m .

Get the price right and we can do a bogof deal on Ajayi and Vaulks

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure about out of reach financially although your right we wouldn't go to £3m .

Just paid £1.2m to Derby as of half n hour ago for a young midfield player and had a bid of £2m turned down for a lad at Motherwell who went to Celtic yesterday for £3.25m .
    We offered 1.2million for the derby lad and we backed out of the bidding war 3 million for the Motherwell lad. Come back with a serious offer for AJ or you can stuff he black pudding where the sun don't shine...😁

Ajayi is a clumsy but loveable beanstalk of a defender and occasional midfielder. The beauty of his game is his unpredictability. "Is he going to **** up?" is the question we all ask ourselves whenever the ball goes near him. He likes that extra touch, to put his size 13 foot on the ball before playing a killer pass. Sometimes that extra touch gets him in trouble. Ajayi desperately sprinting after the player he's just lost the ball to is a familiar sight.
    Thankfully he has the ability to win it back.
    He is without doubt a championship player and I'll be delighted if he stays with us, but if the inevitable happens then we should be looking for upwards of £2.5m. Had we stayed up last season, we might have got £4m.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    Ajayi is a clumsy but loveable beanstalk of a defender and occasional midfielder. The beauty of his game is his unpredictability. "Is he going to **** up?" is the question we all ask ourselves whenever the ball goes near him. He likes that extra touch, to put his size 13 foot on the ball before playing a killer pass. Sometimes that extra touch gets him in trouble. Ajayi desperately sprinting after the player he's just lost the ball to is a familiar sight.
    Thankfully he has the ability to win it back.
    He is without doubt a championship player and I'll be delighted if he stays with us, but if the inevitable happens then we should be looking for upwards of £2.5m. Had we stayed up last season, we might have got £4m.
    In my book he is worth 4 million even as a league one player.

Mine too Biglad, but history tells us that we're not the type of club that can get that kind of money for our players. We should be looking for it, but I'll be very surprised if we get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    but history tells us that we're not the type of club that can get that kind of money for our players. We should be looking for it, but I'll be very surprised if we get it.
    we sold Danny ward for 1.8 million im sure 99% of millers wouldn't have paid that amount for him. agree the players who should have made the big bucks went for small amounts though we dont know what was going on behind the scenes to make full judgement

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    we sold Danny ward for 1.8 million im sure 99% of millers wouldn't have paid that amount for him. agree the players who should have made the big bucks went for small amounts though we dont know what was going on behind the scenes to make full judgement
    Didn't we have to pay Huddersfield 50% of the transfer fee to Huddersfield though?
    That makes a big difference.

I understand fans' frustration when we get less than they think a player is worth. However we should look at it from RUFC's viewpoint.
    If, for example, we turn down a bid of say £2 million for Vaulks, because we think he may be worth more than that to Cardiff, we are effectively paying £2 million plus wages for a player for one season in league 1. Can we afford that?
    What we need is a bidding war between 2 or more clubs - we never seem to get that (as far as we know)

we did but its still 1.8 that cardiff had to pay. not exactly a bargain for a player who has spent as much time on the treatment table as on the pitch. so not all rotherham players go on the cheap. agard is prob another one in the same category 900k for a league one striker. think we did well infact i think we did very well from these 2

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    I dont think you are being fair to Wardy with the above statement because he looked all over a £2,000,000 player in his last full season with us.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast