+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Clucas, why another midfielder?

Clucas, why another midfielder?

We will struggle to keep good players happy due to lack of game time. Would he be better than Cork, Defour, Westwood, Marney, or Hendrick? We need a fast forward, skilful intelligent forwards and wingers and cover for centre back. Another midfielder will create more problems than it solves even if there was a problem to solve.

Maybe one of our current CMs is on his way out. Despite Dyche and Defour having allegedly kissed and made up, it would be a surprise to me if Defour is still a Burnley player on September 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by 1972Claret View Post
    We will struggle to keep good players happy due to lack of game time. Would he be better than Cork, Defour, Westwood, Marney, or Hendrick? We need a fast forward, skilful intelligent forwards and wingers and cover for centre back. Another midfielder will create more problems than it solves even if there was a problem to solve.
    This kid can play wide left, centre mid or as an holding player and I think he would be an excellent addition.

SD got lambasted when we had only Dave Jones left once Marney got injured, now he wants nine midfielders and he still gets questioned! Jeez!

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Maybe one of our current CMs is on his way out. Despite Dyche and Defour having allegedly kissed and made up, it would be a surprise to me if Defour is still a Burnley player on September 1st.
    I think Scotty Arfield is off to Canada on a full time basis.

Attachment 5909

if we dont want to pay premier league wages we wont get premier lesgue players. We could have kept Gray if we matched watfords offer but thats not how this club works. Watford a hardly a bigger club than us so he only went for the money. He probably thought i wont win anythig with either club so might as well get paid as much as he can. Not many clubs would pay £18m for 9 goals in the PL so he will be off in a year or 2 or another 6 managers.

Quote Originally Posted by In Dyche We Trust View Post
    if we dont want to pay premier league wages we wont get premier lesgue players. We could have kept Gray if we matched watfords offer but thats not how this club works. Watford a hardly a bigger club than us so he only went for the money. He probably thought i wont win anythig with either club so might as well get paid as much as he can. Not many clubs would pay £18m for 9 goals in the PL so he will be off in a year or 2 or another 6 managers.
    We could not force him to extend his contract. We took the only sensible option and smashed £18.5 million into the bank. He's gone, get over it!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    We could not force him to extend his contract. We took the only sensible option and smashed £18.5 million into the bank. He's gone, get over it!
    Agree it was justified but Minus Brentford's sell on though estimated at £1.9M - a big Brucie bonus for them. (Still one for us too)

Is Scotty likely to leave, picking up the earlier comment? It was mentioned earlier on if the memory cell is working!

This is a young player , highly rated with Premier League experience. One for the future like Taylor. If we have the chance to sign him now why not grab it.

Quote Originally Posted by thedonz View Post
    This is a young player , highly rated with Premier League experience. One for the future like Taylor. If we have the chance to sign him now why not grab it.
    He is 26/27, when do they stop being one for the future?
    I, for one, am a bit sickened by the loss of game time that has started happening at the peak of professional's career. Why has Kevin Long agreed to be an understudy for another 3 years when he should be having a career he can tell his grandkids about? Why did Kights spends his best years warming our bench?

Quote Originally Posted by 1972Claret View Post
    He is 26/27, when do they stop being one for the future?
    I, for one, am a bit sickened by the loss of game time that has started happening at the peak of professional's career. Why has Kevin Long agreed to be an understudy for another 3 years when he should be having a career he can tell his grandkids about? Why did Kights spends his best years warming our bench?
    I think picking up about £1.5 million pounds sterling per annum, staying fit, looking good and travelling around in luxury might have something to do with it?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)