+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why pboro needs to go

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    People have a right to argue points but you have to admit that pboro brings up some very pertinent points.
    Do you mean like his suggestion that we sign the likes of Hernandez, Giroud and Siggurdson.

Now come on Pboro and Ghost. How much in transfer fees and wages would those three cost? Honest answers please.

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    Rafa names the players he wants and the players he wants to sell,like ALL clubs it's the admin side led by Charnley that do the early negotiations.A manager may talk to a player after fees have been agreed between clubs to try and persuade a player to sign but the manager does not get involved in the financial negotiations,in our case that is Charnley.
    Try telling that to Pboro. He simply doesn't understand. It's too simple and naive for him to say to say It's all Rafa's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Southerntoon75 View Post
    True but it's the same crap, I hate Rafa, our players are ****e. I hate Rafa, our players ****e. That debate has been had hundreds of times with him on this board. You can't spout the same thing over and over again and claim that to be debating
    he has brought those players

the crop he has brought currently are crap

I know its only two games
    but he pays 12 mill for murphy and sits hm on the bench yet plays perez who he didn't want to play last season

with 80 minutes hgone he brings on two subs neither a goal scorer and we are loosing the game

why not gamble and play 2 up front

do something different

if that had been Pardew or fat sam players would say he is being negative

our players are crap
    he hasn't improved any of them
    infact their demeanour yesterday says to me they are sick of his whinging

or in fact what he is trying to do

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    Do you mean like his suggestion that we sign the likes of Hernandez, Giroud and Siggurdson.

Now come on Pboro and Ghost. How much in transfer fees and wages would those three cost? Honest answers please.
    Hernandez was £16mil, Giroud apparently £25 mil and Siggurdson £45mil so that would be £86 million for this three

Salaries £140,000, £100,000 and

Hernandez was £16mil, Giroud apparently £25 mil and Siggurdson £45mil so that would be £86 million for this three

Salaries £140,000, £100,000 and
    Siggurdson £120,000 so another £370,000 a week there on salaries

So basically no chance whatsoever. You'll get a response that that is Rafas fault too

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    he has brought those players

the crop he has brought currently are crap

I know its only two games
    but he pays 12 mill for murphy and sits hm on the bench yet plays perez who he didn't want to play last season

with 80 minutes hgone he brings on two subs neither a goal scorer and we are loosing the game

why not gamble and play 2 up front

do something different

if that had been Pardew or fat sam players would say he is being negative

our players are crap
    he hasn't improved any of them
    infact their demeanour yesterday says to me they are sick of his whinging

or in fact what he is trying to do
    At the start of the match my first thought was we were missing 3 of our first choice back four and the most creative player we have (due to him being a thick **** the week before)

Do you think Huddersfield would have played the same if they had to replace those four positions?

True but it's the same crap, I hate Rafa, our players are ****e. I hate Rafa, our players ****e. That debate has been had hundreds of times with him on this board. You can't spout the same thing over and over again and claim that to be debating
    Yeah but he's not always saying stuff like that. He's calling it how he sees it and it doesn't sit well with fans who don't see it in the same way.
    Of course he says some stuff to wind up and what not but he more often than not makes it blatantly clear that he's doing it.
    In this case he's merely saying that Rafa is negative and moaning and the truth is, he is.

He's not saying he hates him, he's basically saying he needs to shape up or ship out.
    If Pardew was doing this, his head would be called for.
    If most managers done this, it would be the same.

In Rafa we trust seems to be the order of the day, because we've been starved of a manager with a quality rep.
    Fans take to Rafa because of what's said about him and what he's achieved in the past or how he's looked on as a top manager.

I like Rafa. I want Rafa to do well and win us something or die trying kind of thing.
    What I don't want is for Rafa to build a team solely to play on the back foot for three quarters of the game whilst trying to play some kind of careful defensive system that we are clearly not geared for, yet appear to be set up to be that.

His goal is to avoid relegation this season. His bigger goal is to then finish as high as he can in doing that.
    To do this you have to score goals and score more than the opposition.
    You won't do much of that by playing negative football when you have the players capable of doing the opposite.

There has to be a balance and he needs to be doing that from the off, because the sooner he gets points on the board, the less stressful it becomes to reach a target.

I'm not interested in his attention to detail with the players, or his knowledge on how much paprika goes into a paella, or picking out flaws in films that other people miss.
    I'm interested in having a team that is balanced and able to excite me by scoring more goals than the opposition.

I said he brings up some pertinent points. I didn't say I agree with them all.
    I'd have loved Hernandez and even Giroud and Siggardson but the transfer market has went beserk and not to mention their wages would eclipse our highest earner by nearly double.

We can't compete on that level as of yet or if ever under Ashley's stance on a club running from within.
    To be fair, no club could sustain that from within.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    I said he brings up some pertinent points. I didn't say I agree with them all.
    I'd have loved Hernandez and even Giroud and Siggardson but the transfer market has went beserk and not to mention their wages would eclipse our highest earner by nearly double.

We can't compete on that level as of yet or if ever under Ashley's stance on a club running from within.
    To be fair, no club could sustain that from within.
    But a few days ago Pboro thought we could.

How sensible and rational is that?

But a few days ago Pboro thought we could.

How sensible and rational is that?
    Bring up where he said what you are implying, just so I can see what you're talking about.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)