+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Good food

Premnay is that village that has 2 names but I can't remember the other one. I bought a Ford Orion 1.6i ghia from someone there. Electric windows, I was well chuffed.

Pacmin that link states that toppings should be spread on the flat side of the rowie. The worlds in worse trouble than I thought if we've had people spreading toppings on the rough side.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Premnay is that village that has 2 names but I can't remember the other one.
    Auchleven.

I think it's that odd thing where the village uses one name and the surrounding parish uses the other.

In Banffshire, there's confusion between Boharm/Mulben and Botriphne/Drummuir, although central and upper Banffshire confusion about nearly a'thing, tends to be based on residents' appetites for the output of the industry they work in.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Auchleven.

I think it's that odd thing where the village uses one name and the surrounding parish uses the other.

In Banffshire, there's confusion between Boharm/Mulben and Botriphne/Drummuir, although central and upper Banffshire confusion about nearly a'thing, tends to be based on residents' appetites for the output of the industry they work in.
    I always thought Auchleven was in Fife. My old geography teacher needs to be dug up and given a good kicking.

Quote Originally Posted by Devanha Red View Post
    No no you misunderstood. 'Premnay butteries' is the name of a buttery made for JG Ross's bakery. They are bloody delicious.

For me they are rowies. It's not without exceptions but largely us toonsers call them rowies and country bumpkins call them butteries.

One of the most notable exceptions is the "Aberdeen buttery company" based up in Northfield. Buggered if I know why they chose to flout the 'rules' like that. Does my head in when their van goes past. What sort of Aberdonian uses the word buttery ��
    Im a country bumpkin and i call it a rowie

Here you are mondo - now, that Volvo alloy wheel we discussed....?

http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/16383

Speaking of black pudding. Ive just went into Preslys(Meldrum butcher) and got the pork and black pudding whirls for me and Jnrs tea. These things are the b@llocks

Did you ever indulge when in Meldrum Mondo min

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Im a country bumpkin and i call it a rowie
    Aye that figures.

I already had you down in the 'one of life's exceptions' list.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post

Did you ever indulge when in Meldrum Mondo min
    I used to go to that butchers a lot, the pork schnitzel is magic. Then I discovered the deli and the rest is history, their rump steak in a bun with onions and mustard is the thing I miss most from living up that way.

You’re all a load of heathens.

Is that how you spell heathen, it doesn’t look right?

Anyway, back on subject

I’m just out of the Cafe Central in Vienna where I had coffee and a funcy piece.

Fine as f’uck

I steamed the bakers in stoney today. The USP of the "Premnay buttery" is they still use animal fat.

Oh **** aye.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast