+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Kari Arnason

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I think it's a dig because (from what I've heard) the two of them didn't actually like each other.
    I did think that Arnason would be a good signing but unfortunately due to probably a few reasons he never had a positive impact on the team.
    He definitely had a dig at the football we have witnessed and played ourselves. Plus let’s be honest it hasn’t been the best.
    The impact he had on our team last season will not be missed so he will be of no real loss.

Definitely a personality clash between him & McInnes.

Arnason has one

Quote Originally Posted by Donanddusted View Post
    Sorry, rico94, I quoted you but my ramble wasn't actually directed at you.
    Absolutely. We are all entitled to our opinions.
    No worries min.

As for the Arnason interview he isn’t far off being wrong in regards to British football,pretty much every team sets up in the same way,4-5-1 so they are hard to beat with very little idea how to change it if they are struggling.Like someone said on here before they all get their coaching badge from the same place.

It’s the main reason why England are the only British team at the World Cup and why they will be knocked out sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Definitely a personality clash between him & McInnes.

Arnason has one
    Arnason wasn’t very good in a lot of his games though.
    The semi at Hamdung.
    It was Jerel Ifilesque in its ineptitude.

He does have a point though, he clearly doesn’t “have the legs” for British football.

They were all stinking at the semi.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    They were all stinking at the semi.
    They were.
    He was the worst.
    And he had a few dodgy games.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    No worries min.

As for the Arnason interview he isn’t far off being wrong in regards to British football,pretty much every team sets up in the same way,4-5-1 so they are hard to beat with very little idea how to change it if they are struggling.Like someone said on here before they all get their coaching badge from the same place.

It’s the main reason why England are the only British team at the World Cup and why they will be knocked out sooner rather than later.
    Very true Rico. Teams would rather play to not concede goals rather than go out and attack. It is making watching these type of matches difficult to get interested.
    Hope England get papped out as quick as!

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Arnason wasn’t very good in a lot of his games though.
    The semi at Hamdung.
    It was Jerel Ifilesque in its ineptitude.

He does have a point though, he clearly doesn’t “have the legs” for British football.
    O’Connor wasn’t very good in a lot of his games either but got picked the following week no matter how he played,Arnason had the odd good game for us but was on the bench the following week which is never going to bring the best out of any player.

He was terrible in the semi final but so was Ball who kicked off the blundering with his ball watching for the first goal yet McInnes played him for the rest of the season,what was even more amazing was some people on here thought we should sign Ball because he ran around like a headless chicken for the post split games.

Back to the point this is one of the things I don’t like about McInnes,he has his favourites who play week in week out no matter how bad they play yet others have a bad game and they are dropped and eventually let go,he shouldn’t be picking players on the basis of how much he likes them on a personal level.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    O’Connor wasn’t very good in a lot of his games either but got picked the following week no matter how he played,Arnason had the odd good game for us but was on the bench the following week which is never going to bring the best out of any player.

He was terrible in the semi final but so was Ball who kicked off the blundering with his ball watching for the first goal yet McInnes played him for the rest of the season,what was even more amazing was some people on here thought we should sign Ball because he ran around like a headless chicken for the post split games.

Back to the point this is one of the things I don’t like about McInnes,he has his favourites who play week in week out no matter how bad they play yet others have a bad game and they are dropped and eventually let go,he shouldn’t be picking players on the basis of how much he likes them on a personal level.
    I’d agree with most of that.

But my point stands.

Arnason wasn’t up to it this time round.

As he admits, he’s past it in terms of the British style of football.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I’d agree with most of that.

But my point stands.

Arnason wasn’t up to it this time round.

As he admits, he’s past it in terms of the British style of football.
    Which is why he isn’t here.

He is/was a better option than O’Connor which is why he is an international player who is a away to the World Cup and O’Connor is a free agent who is so delusional he thinks he will get to sign for a championship team.

In summary they both weren’t good enough for us,the only difference really was McInnes liked one of them and didn’t like the other one.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast