+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 216 of 530 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216217218226266316 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I would disagree.
    We’ve spent on Forrester (£200k), Ferguson (circa £100k pending tribunal) and have made a significant transfer offer for John Marquis.
    This is already more than our recent years on average.
    You may point to GMS, Arnason and May from last year, but that was post Hayes transfer and this year is still a higher outgoing in nett terms.
    We have spent £200k on Forrester, Ferguson still to be determined. We didn’t spend anything on Marquis as he won’t be coming to Aberdeen. My tally at the moment equals £200k.
    DNA money (Milne’s own words) £600k, Arnason World Cup appearance money, Kenny McLean transfer fee, Increased transfer budget from last year and you still don’t think you are getting short changed?
    Ferguson will most likely cost us approximately £150k so I will give you that.

Quote Originally Posted by Br0chred View Post
    I am giving money to my club with no expectation of any return so in what way am I getting conned??.
    You are not getting conned then as you expect nothing.
    Some DNAers I would imagine expected the club to be more tooled up for the transfer market with their contributions.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    We have spent £200k on Forrester, Ferguson still to be determined. We didn’t spend anything on Marquis as he won’t be coming to Aberdeen. My tally at the moment equals £200k.
    DNA money (Milne’s own words) £600k, Arnason World Cup appearance money, Kenny McLean transfer fee, Increased transfer budget from last year and you still don’t think you are getting short changed?
    Ferguson will most likely cost us approximately £150k so I will give you that.
    You quote £600k, but that money is not in the bank.

This leaves net proceeds of just over £600,000 that will come in over the course of 12 months to be used by the football operation.

Although some people paid up front for their membership, the vast majority of members pay it as a subscription on a monthly basis, so it’s important for fans to appreciate that the bulk of the money will come in over a 12-month period.
    Also worth bearing in mind
    So far, the net proceeds raised will enable circa £50,000 each month and although we acknowledge what the fans are suggesting, because of strengthening competition in the league, and the importance of keeping our momentum going, we have decided this year to commit around 80% towards the first team, with the balance on youth development and continuing to build a high-performance environment.

Twitter (2 usually reliable accounts) saying this Nowak was undergoing a medical early tonight and will be unveiled tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Pauldolski10 View Post
    Twitter (2 usually reliable accounts) saying this Nowak was undergoing a medical early tonight and will be unveiled tomorrow
    The Polish Dom Ball.
    Plays Centre half or centre mid.
    Hearts fan I know said he was slow as f**k & couldn’t pass.

Shall I get the bunting out?

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    You are not getting conned then as you expect nothing.
    Some DNAers I would imagine expected the club to be more tooled up for the transfer market with their contributions.
    Money collected so far from ĎNA isn't going to provide much "tooling up" because it's just started. Hopefully over time as the funds accumulate then it will be of greater benefit. What is your beef about it anyway? How is a large group of fans putting money into the club's coffers a bad thing? Do you want us to depend solely on Milne or a.n. other?

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    The Polish Dom Ball.

Don’t remember much about him to be fair, not the most exciting by all accounts but in his defense he was thrown into a Cathro team who were a shambles, as usual al give him a chance. Just turned 24 and quite a few top league appearances in polish top division can play cb and rb

The whole club isn’t.
    It’s voluntary.
    I’d say the more that invest in the club, the better.
    If this is true then what an utter f●•king joke 😡

Don’t remember much about him to be fair, not the most exciting by all accounts but in his defense he was thrown into a Cathro team who were a shambles, as usual al give him a chance. Just turned 24 and quite a few top league appearances in polish top division can play cb and rb
    He was in when Neilson was in charge.
    20 games in 18 months.
    Didn’t play a whole game in 6 months after Hearts punted him.

This is going some, but I think I’d rather we re-signed Dom Ball,,,but if it’s the defensive cover and a perennial sub then so be it, we were unlikely to sign a player to go into the back 4 starting line up as that’s more or less obviously going to be Logan Dev McK & Con
    Last edited by RedStarTorphins; 10-07-2018 at 09:39 PM.

The Polish Dom Ball.

Our tooling up has been taken to a new level

Page 216 of 530 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216217218226266316 ... LastLast