+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Mikel Kieftenbeld

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Just brilliant! Only at Derby would this happen...the final piece of the jigsaw left to the last minute - wouldn't describe him as 'creative' btw - and then twenty four hours before an important match we find out we're not sure we've got him after all and he hasn't trained with any of the squad yet. Bet Cardiff and Wednesday know who'll be in their midfield on Saturday.
    To be fair reading the details it seems more like petty pedantry by the football league, some **** of a jobsworth than Derby's fault. As I posted before common sense is a misnomer, its very rare.

The leicester one was pretty pethetic tbh.. im sorry but these deadlines are a dictaorship and need scrapping anyway imo. Im very much in favour of a draft and trade system. Each summer a draft takes place,, and during the season you can do trade deals with other clubs,, if a player is acting up for example you can look to do a swap with another club. These bodies should only be here to keep it above board anyway,, theyve become the rulers and that shouldnt be what they are. Fifa need scrapping for a start. Money needs to be none existant in terms of transfers in the game aswell.

Complete and utter balls up. Blame fairly and squarely at the feet of Morris and Rowett IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    The leicester one was pretty pethetic tbh.. im sorry but these deadlines are a dictaorship and need scrapping anyway imo. Im very much in favour of a draft and trade system. Each summer a draft takes place,, and during the season you can do trade deals with other clubs,, if a player is acting up for example you can look to do a swap with another club. These bodies should only be here to keep it above board anyway,, theyve become the rulers and that shouldnt be what they are. Fifa need scrapping for a start. Money needs to be none existant in terms of transfers in the game aswell.
    Put that along with Riyad Mahrez who thought that he was finally going to get his escape from Leicester and make a dream move which was likely Roma but Leicester demanded too much money for him and no club was willing to give in to their demands of £50m for him when Roma was offering close to £40m. Leicester now likely have a unhappy player in their squad which will cause a rift in the squad could of avoided this issue if they wasn't stubborn on their demand and let Mahrez move and bring in a replacement to avoid the rift and they let it drag on all summer and may now caused Mahrez to have a negative effect towards the club.

Also the same goes for Arsenal with the Sanchez deal on them being stubborn on wanting a player in return and City not wanting to give into their demands and them willing to offer a good tempting cash offer but Arsenal kept turning it down and decided late on to bid £92m for Lemar for a player who club has let go many of their talent go to respective big clubs during the summer which was very likely they weren't going to let another one of their big rising stars go. Wenger being stubborn as always has causen a rift with the fans and his players and is only biding his time and only get's saved every season because he wins the FA Cup and the hierarchy are happy with that even if they finish trophy-less or get a 4th place finish, the board are too gullible to realise that a change is badly needed as Arsenal are so far behind their other competitors is hard to even describe. They even have players stalling on signing contracts because they are tempted to go elsewhere if the club is not viable enough to win them trophies. Arsenal need a good hard kick on the rear side to make them see reason but unfortunately Arsenal way's are too stubborn and at the moment it remains the same.

Agree completely OTR!! In his natural high tech world everything he touches turns to gold, at DCFC everything is base metal!! Managers - what a joke, Senior Admin staff - expensive tripe, player recruitment - waste of a shedload of dosh and now this!! Sorry Mel but it's getting farcical!! We know you love this club but get a grip man!!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Agree completely OTR!! In his natural high tech world everything he touches turns to gold, at DCFC everything is base metal!! Managers - what a joke, Senior Admin staff - expensive tripe, player recruitment - waste of a shedload of dosh and now this!! Sorry Mel but it's getting farcical!! We know you love this club but get a grip man!!
    I've always defended MM but this really is a worry. Don't blame him personally, or Rowett - who I think was actually out of the country that week. The notion that other clubs messed up too doesn't make me feel any better either...so Barnsley and Leicester missed out too...so what? The vast majority of D/D deals were completed properly...our most important one wasn't and that is all that matters.

We have the defence...just about...we have the goal scorers...with any luck as regards injuries to Huddlestone and Thorne we have the creative distributors. What we're missing, and have been for ages now, is the ball winning midfield 'engine'.
    I wasn't over optimistic about our season before this and I very much hope I'm wrong but I fear this, totally avoidable, setback spells the end of this season as far as anything higher than mid table is concerned. That's how important the Kieftenbeld signing was imo.

Maybe it is down to some EFL 'jobsworth' but the point surely is, we have highly rewarded staff who's job it is to get such deals over the line. The old days of managers sleeping secretly in the car outside a player's house until the deal is done have gone. Everyone knows, six months in advance, the rules and the deadlines. Everyone knew how crucial such a signing was to our season which has now been jeopardised due to the proverbial 'ha'porth of tar'.

It's ridiculous and the worry has to be that this is symptomatic of how badly run DCFC currently is, so...as mac says...I doubt it's down to you personally Mr. Morris but yes...'get a grip man' and sort out this shambles. I couldn't give a stuff about 'free' scarves and hot drinks but I do want a staff that can complete transfer deals properly and not make us a laughing stock...again!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Agree, no excuse for poor admin. No-one to blame but DCFC.

Farcical.

Interesting views. Let's take a look at what happened.

1. We agree a fee with BCFC and a contract with the player
    2. Paperwork is submitted to the EFL and...... the EFL ratifies the deal.
    3. Someone contacts the EFL and raises questions on the deal. Some wag has suggested it was 'Arry.
    4. EFL revisits the paperwork and decides it's not in order and cancels the deal
    5. DCFC appeal and lose the appeal
    6. Kieftenbeld goes back to BCFC where he may well get little game time. If he starts any time soon, the wag might not have been far off the mark

If we are to point fingers, maybe they should be pointed at the "whistle blower" for, well, blowing the whistle and at EFL for ratifying the deal in the first instance.

DCFCArmy suggests a draft and trade system. The trade part is already there. There are frequent deals where player A moves to another club for X amount of money with player B going the other way as part of the deal. The draft part? How would you see that working? It works in the US in American Football, Baseball and Basketball as there is a group of new players coming out of the College system who are then chosen (or not) by pro clubs. In the UK we don't have that pool of players. Can you see the top 3 in the PL accepting a situation where they get choices 18,19 and 20 when the 3 promoted sides get the first 3 choices? Would it even be legal in the UK or would it be seen as unfair restraint of trade under the terms of the 2010 UK Employment Act? The answer to that question is that it would be illegal.

Is there a way round this situation for Derby, Brum and Kieftenbeld? I think there is. The inspiration for that thought is Neymar. Can't Kieftenbeld buy out his contract for the 600K we had agreed with Brum and thereby become a free agent? We could then give him a signing on fee of, say, the 600K plus the tax on that so that he doesn't lose out? He would still be a great deal at even 800K to 900K. Brum would lose a player they don't want. We'd get one we do want. Kieftenbeld gets to play football at a club he wants to be at and wants him.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post

Is there a way round this situation for Derby, Brum and Kieftenbeld? I think there is. The inspiration for that thought is Neymar. Can't Kieftenbeld buy out his contract for the 600K we had agreed with Brum and thereby become a free agent? We could then give him a signing on fee of, say, the 600K plus the tax on that so that he doesn't lose out? He would still be a great deal at even 800K to 900K. Brum would lose a player they don't want. We'd get one we do want. Kieftenbeld gets to play football at a club he wants to be at and wants him.
    £1.2million+ to gross up that figure.

I admire your optimism, but it's done now.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteram View Post
    To be fair reading the details it seems more like petty pedantry by the football league, some **** of a jobsworth than Derby's fault. As I posted before common sense is a misnomer, its very rare.
    Have to say this was my take on this. Surely it should be up to the authorities to be helpful and not a bureaucratic barrier?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)