+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Motson

And of course, I remiss not to mention Mister Clough's buddy - Brian Moore. Arsenal fans 💘 his 'Thomas through the middle, it's up for grabs now'
    And I remember Villa Park is adorned with his ' It has to be and it is , It's Peter Withe.'

Another one from the memory bank...Gerald Sinstadt...he was good...still with us too apparently but knocking on a bit now.

Sounds great Rom! Some of those overseas commentators, for example when a goal is scored, go really ballistic. Screaming and shouting like real nutters, great fun!!

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    Always liked him but my 2 favourites are Gary Bloom and John Helms. Helms did Bundesliga for the longest time. Memory of an elephant.
    You don't mean John Helm do you, that boring git and former YTV frontman who will do any old naff commentary these days, just as long as the moneys right ?.

I remember Sinstadt rA, excellent commentator. Pioneer for ITV.

For you punters, Peter O'Sullevan the superb Horse Racing commentator. Had it nailed every race!!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    For you punters, Peter O'Sullevan the superb Horse Racing commentator. Had it nailed every race!!
    Guess that's part of the problem mac. I know next to nothing about horses, motor racing, tennis or snooker but Peter O'Sullevan, Murray Walker, Gerald Williams and Ted Lowe(?) all seemed masters of their craft. There was even someone who seemed to be the 'voice of wrestling' whenever I went to my uncle's house in the sixties...but then, like darts, I've never considered wrestling to be a sport.

Poor Motson, seems he hasn't got the respect he deserves, not that he will care, master of the craft has earned retirement.

Obviously, the original Olympians would disagree with you rA as wrestling was in the early games. You are probably referring to the late Kent Walton, the king of wrestling commentary.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteram View Post
    Poor Motson, seems he hasn't got the respect he deserves, not that he will care, master of the craft has earned retirement.
    The best bit of Motty (and no thats not a euphamism ), is when he screeched his way through our Fa Cup Qtr final win over Chelski in '08. When Kayodi Odejayi leaped up and headed us in front, he went up a few deci-bells and our glasses started shaking.

And I always liked Brian Moore even though I always preferred the Bbc over Itv, and when Im doing live chat now and we score, I always write 'and its in there!!' which Moore often used to say lol.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)