+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 578 of 922 FirstFirst ... 78478528568576577578579580588628678 ... LastLast
Results 5,771 to 5,780 of 9220

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Not arguing at all.
    Guilty as hell

RA has completely ignored what I said about Abbotts comments, had they come from a white person.
    Perhaps Patel is in the same boat then?
    Tricky I don’t even understand that comment, largely perhaps because I try and look beyond colour.

Patel’s ethnic origins are completely irrelevant to me. If you’re asking...has Abbott got away with making ill judged comments because she’s black then my answer is...I don’t know but I doubt it.

Gove, Leadsom, Rees-Mogg, Raab and Johnson all appear to have an endless supply of stupid, crass and insensitive comments to make, imo, but I’ve never attributed it to them being white.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Yet she has a degree from Cambridge? I don't think its a question of intelligence, its not being quick with the BS when interviewed, something a politician needs to be able to do or at least believable bull****!
    Not knowing tjhe lady personally means I can only go on what I see, hear and read of her. She has a degree in History so she must have a reasonable level of intelligence. However, she does not come across that way.

She sems unable to grasp a political subject and what might happen in an interview. She ums and arrrs and looks completely flummoxed at the sort of question any politician should expect and should have swotted up on. This happens often, but not exclusively, where numbers are involved. So many questions MPs/Ministers get are about nimbers, %s and simple facts. She doesn't seem able to reproduce those verbally.

How often does she get halfway through a sentence and then stop, mouth wide open and then go back and start the sentence again? Did she just realise she was about to blunder? Maybe it's "no more" than an inability to speak publicly. That would be most unfortunate for a politician.

Whatever the background to this obvious failing is, it's not something a politician should have and it is, IMO, the entire reason people, in general, think she is "3 votes short of a majority" in the upper chamber. A perfectly normal thought based on the "evidence".

The fact remains. In a 21st-century world over which Europeans exercise diminishing control, countries in Europe – even peripheral ones, such as Britain – will still be disproportionately dependent on Europe’s shared peace, shared trade, shared values, shared security and a host of other practical links.

This will be a difficult century for Europe, including Britain, Brexit or not. But we will still be better off together than apart. There is no better alternative anywhere else. And the lie that there is one needs to be nailed on 12 December.
    100% in agreement with that.

MA...I do have some sympathy with your criticism of Abbott, but if there’s anyone in British politics who ‘umms and arrs’ - not to mention lies - more than Boris Johnson, who also regularly stops mid sentence, mouth agape and eyes staring wildly, then I’ve yet to come across them.
    Somehow though, while the former is regularly demonised the latter somehow has developed a reputation for being charismatic and articulate. Bizarre.

rA, IMO BoJo's bumbling is a cover up for the right wing elitist he is. Look and sound like a teddy bear whilst preparing the ground for more wealth and power for the 1% and sh*t without sugar for the rest. All part of the trickery.

At the end of the day there are leavers and remainers and they're never ever going to agree over Brexit!
    There was a vote and leave was the outcome, the government have totally let the people down! I'm surprised
    there hasn't been an uprising but I still think that this could happen.
    The government has failed it's people!

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    rA, IMO BoJo's bumbling is a cover up for the right wing elitist he is. Look and sound like a teddy bear whilst preparing the ground for more wealth and power for the 1% and sh*t without sugar for the rest. All part of the trickery.
    Maybe you’re right there...bit like Nigel Mirage’s ‘pint and a fag...man of the people’ facade.

But isn’t such ‘trickery’ much more worrying and sinister than Abbott’s apparent incompetence?

We run the risk of electing a proven liar who - in your words - is a ‘right wing elitist’ with no concern for the people. That, to me, is a far greater concern than anything provided by Abbott.

rA, just because there are equally bad or worse people around on the other side, that doesn't make Abbot acceptable.

I neither want to be ruled by an elitist right winger, such as those named by you, nor by a bumbling token together with an idealist pensioner child of the 60s.

I may agree in part with the softer inner edges of both main parties, but wouldn't it be nicer to find that centrist option by taking those inner edges of either side and gluing them together.

The libdems simply lack credibility, they may gain traction as the party of remain in December, but once Brexit is put to bed one way or the other, and we get back to "normal politics" they will go back into their lonely shell and hibernate.

They had their fleeting momentary chance to shine under Clegg but blew it. Someone needs to take British politics by the scruff of the neck and shake it until the 2 party system is destroyed and sensible centrism replaces our current 2 extremist options, neither of which I want to see anywhere near power.

Oh here we go on your old hobby horse again - so she campaigns for black people as a black person, so what? I do find your poor down trodden little white boy approach symptomatic of typical of a racist bigot who can't quite believe that there may just may be something justified in calling out how black people have been disgracefully treated historically.

As for Abbot only being where she is because she is black and if she had been white she'd wouldn't be there, please explain how the Tories have promoted Truss, Duncan Smith ("the quiet man"!), Francoise, Barclay not to mention Johnson, who in interviews generally waffles, makes outrageous statements that are plainly not true and is still currently very much alive despite having said he would "die in a ditch" rather than not have Brexit on 31 October?

The fact is that there are numerous politicians who are vastly more stupid and incompetent than Abbott, and who shamelessly campaign and lobby for their own interest groups, your only moaning because she is black whch shows you up exactly for what you are, though to be fair, there are numerous posts in this thread where you have quoted utter bilge to support your neo fascist views.
    Lol, just come out with it, you're a momentum lover. Don't hide in the closet.

You have just washed over the point again. If any MP had been as openly racist as this woman about black people, there would have been riots.
    Of course it's people like you, that scream when this is pointed out. That these are the views of a neo fascist.

You know what white people are like/Finnish nurse shouldn't be near black people.
    Sounds openly racist to me and goes against everything you preach of your European utopia.

So no, you commie arsehole. Do one.
    Your bilge of trying to slam everyone down who doesn't agree with you, is pathetic.
    One minute you are bragging about your superior lifestyle, then next you play the voice of the common man.
    Con artist to the extreme. You're no better than DiCaprio and kin with the eco warrior stance.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Maybe you’re right there...bit like Nigel Mirage’s ‘pint and a fag...man of the people’ facade.

But isn’t such ‘trickery’ much more worrying and sinister than Abbott’s apparent incompetence?

We run the risk of electing a proven liar who - in your words - is a ‘right wing elitist’ with no concern for the people. That, to me, is a far greater concern than anything provided by Abbott.
    That's just it, neither of the 2 main parties would command my vote if I had one.

BoJo et al would sell the UK's soul to the US and the 1% would benefit to the detriment of the rest of us.

Corbyn et al would open the flood gates and let in huge numbers of immigrants into a country that already has 1.36M out of work. Not meant as a racist comment but as a reminder that many of them would not speak English, not have skills that the UK requires, not be able to sustain themselves and any family they might have. More pressure on the state.

LibDems are merely yellow Tories..... Tories in disguise. All that is left are the pigeon hole parties. The interest group parties, Greens, Animal rights and the nationalist parties...... and Farridge's lot.

Not a lot to choose there.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    rA, just because there are equally bad or worse people around on the other side, that doesn't make Abbot acceptable.

I neither want to be ruled by an elitist right winger, such as those named by you, nor by a bumbling token together with an idealist pensioner child of the 60s.

I may agree in part with the softer inner edges of both main parties, but wouldn't it be nicer to find that centrist option by taking those inner edges of either side and gluing them together.

The libdems simply lack credibility, they may gain traction as the party of remain in December, but once Brexit is put to bed one way or the other, and we get back to "normal politics" they will go back into their lonely shell and hibernate.

They had their fleeting momentary chance to shine under Clegg but blew it. Someone needs to take British politics by the scruff of the neck and shake it until the 2 party system is destroyed and sensible centrism replaces our current 2 extremist options, neither of which I want to see anywhere near power.
    Neither is it a reason to concentrate on the failings of just one individual, Parky.

Either way...we seem to be coming full circle.
    On the second day of this thread (4/7/16!) I wrote that I would support...

‘...a genuine coalition of the best of Labour, Liberals, the one nation Tories, the Welsh, the SNP and the Greens...with policies designed around common sense, compassion and concern for the well being of the whole of the ‘UK’.

Sadly, since then, many of the ‘one nation Tories’ seem to have resigned/retired but it would at least seem that you and I now agree.

Tricky...Swale maybe many things and you clearly don’t approve of him anymore than you approve of me, but calling him a ‘momentum lover’ and a ‘commie arsehole’ are, imo, two of the most ridiculous things to have ever appeared on this forum. Grow up.

Page 578 of 922 FirstFirst ... 78478528568576577578579580588628678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)