+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Minority middle class sport radio priority

I didn’t watch the Scotland match yesterday because we were playing. Folk can follow whatever sport they want and I don’t have a problem with that (even golf for all my joking about it). Football fans can’t slag of drunk rugby fans as football have some of the biggest @rseholes whilst drinking following their teams. Rugby is a public school boys game though.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I didn’t watch the Scotland match yesterday because we were playing. Folk can follow whatever sport they want and I don’t have a problem with that (even golf for all my joking about it). Football fans can’t slag of drunk rugby fans as football have some of the biggest @rseholes whilst drinking following their teams. Rugby is a public school boys game though.
    Thats it though. Fitba fans are seen as louts. Rugby is just as bad minus the violence but are seen as a totally different animal

Same thing applies, they wont watch another game till the world cup.

Never met any rugby fan yet who seriously follows club rugby in Scotland.

They are all strangely obsessed whith football in my experience. Imagine sitting at pittodrie and spending the whole game chatting about how much better football is than other games. That is what rugby fans sound like.

wierdos.
    Last edited by MerklandRoad84; 24-02-2019 at 01:05 PM. Reason: spelling

I've never been interested in club rugby, although I did get nagged into going to one game when I was at school.

Rugby will never be as good as football, or golf, or tennis or motor racing or a heap of other sports.

Boxing is one of my favourite sports. A night out in the Manchester Arena a wee while back was top notch.

You guys might not like rugby, but this is hilarious.

https://twitter.com/liam11/status/1099451494062014469

Only in Italy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    You guys might not like rugby, but this is hilarious.

https://twitter.com/liam11/status/1099451494062014469

Only in Italy.

Absolute brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    RED_JOHN the voice of reason.

Scotland England game today was mental. Typically we blew it in the last minute.

I have worked with quite a few Rugby fans who have had an aloof belief that Rugby is far better than football.
    I have asked for examples of the very best games, best attacking and defensive moves,best player,best teamwork etc etc and we can compare them with similar from football.
    I am very confident that I will will win without having to step up a gear to Brazil 1970, Holland,Pele,Puskas,Cruyff,Best, Messi etc etc
    I still await their response although having mentioned Brazil etc etc seems to have been enough for them to know their bluff has been called .
    There is a reason why football is such a world wide sport ( 4 Billion Fans ) and rugby doesn't even make the list of top ten sports

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast