+ Visit Millwall FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Barnsley, bogey team...

Barnsley, bogey team...

why is it we lose to our bogey team. I have to say that we did not play to our best on sat but we should have been able to get the ball in the net from open play. Not good enough, strange we had 10 corners to their 2 and yet nothing came of them. Srange that we totally out played Leeds to end their unbeaten run but lose to the Tykes, their 1st away win. I did notice that Morro was not in top form so now the team can get a rest with the international break.

Let's hope they come back in full fitness and get back on track. Lucky Tykes !!

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    why is it we lose to our bogey team. I have to say that we did not play to our best on sat but we should have been able to get the ball in the net from open play. Not good enough, strange we had 10 corners to their 2 and yet nothing came of them. Srange that we totally out played Leeds to end their unbeaten run but lose to the Tykes, their 1st away win. I did notice that Morro was not in top form so now the team can get a rest with the international break.

The Tykes have dethroned my own bogey team which was Plymouth....first game I ever saw we lost 1-0 and they were the team that ended our record unbeaten home run in the sixties..plus other negative results against them.
    They have been well and truly replaced by effing Barnsley

To be honest that disappoints me Claw, seeing you come up with the insulting 'teams like Barnsley' stuff and you also call us lucky Tykes. For a start corners dont mean anything do they, and if your team had luckily scraped a win you would have happily accepted that, but we deserved that win and it wasnt down to luck.

Heres the highlights which Ive watched about 500 times already today.

[QUOTE=Acido;38668122]To be honest that disappoints me Claw, seeing you come up with the insulting 'teams like Barnsley' stuff and you also call us lucky Tykes. For a start corners dont mean anything do they, and if your team had luckily scraped a win you would have happily accepted that, but we deserved that win and it wasnt down to luck.

Heres the highlights which Ive watched about 500 times already today. Acido, nowhere in my post did I mention "teams like Barnsley" Yes you did deserve to win and the cpmbination of Barnes on the wing and Bradshaw as your striker worked well,I just hope we play better up at Oakwell.

For now you have the bragging rights.
    Last edited by claw84; 01-10-2017 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    why is it we lose to our bogey team. I have to say that we did not play to our best on sat but we should have been able to get the ball in the net from open play. Not good enough, strange we had 10 corners to their 2 and yet nothing came of them. Srange that we totally out played Leeds to end their unbeaten run but lose to the Tykes, their 1st away win. I did notice that Morro was not in top form so now the team can get a rest with the international break. But we should be beating teams like Barnsley

That's how you do it & it shouldn't be allowed

I think Barnsley will be relegated this year along With Bolton And Birmingham City.

Quote Originally Posted by simhanada View Post
    I think Barnsley will be relegated this year along With Bolton And Birmingham City.
    Ok Lionsroar, thats an interesting view from an ex-super mod .
    What then makes you lot think we are so poor, and why also are your team so much better in the long run than these teams who are allegedly going down ?.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)