+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Portsmouth v Barnsley Match Thoughts

Portsmouth v Barnsley Match Thoughts

A break from the relegation dog fight but none the less a difficult and testing game to navigate .

After a sluggish start to the season Pompey have found a bit of form and are well placed for the top 6 and could even threaten the top two .

Probably as difficult a cup tie we could get against a team in a lower league .

I'm looking for a reaction after tuesday nights abysmal performance and a confidence boosting win , a professional job you might say .

Woodrow back in the starting lineup would be greatly helpful today and 90 minutes behind him before we head to South London next saturday for a season divining game against Charlton Athletic .

No if's no but's we should have enough to win the game today at the first time of asking , a replay would be the bare minimum requirement .

A replay is last thing we need , Carnt remember last time we won midweek ,

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    A replay is last thing we need , Carnt remember last time we won midweek ,
    Rochdale Roma ........ August 2018 !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Bloody Hell ! As much as I'd like to see us win , i wouldn't be too dissapointed if we lost , and no disgrace to lose to Pompey , always an hard ground to get something from , I would prefer us to concentrate on avoiding relegation first , Glory hunter's like Pass will disagree "Wembley day art "

Clash of two of the four FA Cup Semi-Finalists in 2008 with Pompey winning it that year.

"Lovely through ball from Howard. Odejayi is clear on his own--he must score"

Although he made a complete bolluks up if it wasn't for him we wouldn't have been at Wembley

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    Although he made a complete bolluks up if it wasn't for him we wouldn't have been at Wembley
    True Dools, true.

Great Oakwell teeartime atmosphere.
    Macca saying we gave 'em a "slapping". If he said that today the FA would charge him.

Aye that Chelsea game were mint. Macca called it as tha sez SB, a freezin cold rainy setdy evening and aif o that Chelsea team dint fancy it and got slapped.

A cant understand why some fans dunt mind guin art ot cup when memories like them are priceless. It's a distinct possibility that we could looiz today and get relegated. Nubdy ez owt to tek then from a dismal season. Ont other hand we could win, get thru and upset one of the big clubs and restore some pride. It were one of the great nights at oakwell was that Chelsea match. Summat to tell thi grand kids abart.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Am blaming mi youngest then fo that, it wo day she wo born

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Aye that Chelsea game were mint. Macca called it as tha sez SB, a freezin cold rainy setdy evening and aif o that Chelsea team dint fancy it and got slapped.

A cant understand why some fans dunt mind guin art ot cup when memories like them are priceless. It's a distinct possibility that we could looiz today and get relegated. Nubdy ez owt to tek then from a dismal season. Ont other hand we could win, get thru and upset one of the big clubs and restore some pride. It were one of the great nights at oakwell was that Chelsea match. Summat to tell thi grand kids abart.
    I was hyperventilating those last 20 minutes when Chelsea laid siege and had us trapped more or less in our own penalty box .

Our team that night were bloody magnificent and won deservedly .

My standout memory isn't of the goal but one Robert Hassell who with minutes left threw himself in front of Joe Cole I think it was and took the full impact of a shot and deflected it away , he'd have died before giving Cole a sniff at goal that night .

One of the great nights at a time when personally my life wasn't in a great place and that cup run helped me enormously to turn things around .

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast