+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 131 of 171 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1706

Thread: Have We Signed Anyone Yet?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I've a sneaky feeling that Dan's agent might also know that (and if he didn't he does now if he reads MM). Unfortunately, Dan won't see playing for RUFC as the pinnacle of his career and no doubt will be setting his sights on somewhere else on the assumption he'll have a decent season with us. If lads born in Rawmarsh can be tempted away from RUFC then ones not born in the borough certainly will be.
    Didn’t know you had been at RUFC CAM ?

I've a sneaky feeling that Dan's agent might also know that (and if he didn't he does now if he reads MM). Unfortunately, Dan won't see playing for RUFC as the pinnacle of his career and no doubt will be setting his sights on somewhere else on the assumption he'll have a decent season with us. If lads born in Rawmarsh can be tempted away from RUFC then ones not born in the borough certainly will be.
    Oh I've no doubt he will move on at some stage (hopefully not this season) but I just think it wouldn't do any harm to offer him an improved contract while all this speculation is going on. That might settle his agent down as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Oh I've no doubt he will move on at some stage (hopefully not this season) but I just think it wouldn't do any harm to offer him an improved contract while all this speculation is going on. That might settle his agent down as well.
    But an 'improved' contract would mean an extended one and I doubt there's much chance of him signing that. We could pay him more money and make him happier to be here but let's be honest, if you had an employee that you knew was probably going to leave in a year's time would you pay him more money when contractually you didn't have to? You'd use that money elsewhere.

But an 'improved' contract would mean an extended one and I doubt there's much chance of him signing that. We could pay him more money and make him happier to be here but let's be honest, if you had an employee that you knew was probably going to leave in a year's time would you pay him more money when contractually you didn't have to? You'd use that money elsewhere.
    Not quite like for like that situation though. In the footballing sense it would strengthen our negotiating position further down the line (a year or whenever), if he had longer left on his deal. Whereas in the business world sense you aren't selling them so there wouldn't be an incentive to improve their wages, like you say.

The Chairman is nothing but a charlatan!
    He loves the limelight when we're doing well and gaining promotion. He talks the same twaddle everytime we've reached this level under Warne. He clearly stated he would back the manager so we could be competitive this season. He's now changed his tune now the season tickets have been purchased. Saying he'll invest if we stay up this season and then 10th next season! He's living in cloud cuckoo land!
    The striker who's agreed to come, doesn't really want to He's just trying to spark interest from elsewhere. There has to be a timescale on a transfer otherwise the longer it goes on the more chance we have of not getting it over the line.
    Barlaser to Blackpool? If that's allowed to happen then we are basically surrendering before the end of the first month of the season as we certainly can't afford to replace everything Dan brings to this team on our Shoestring budget.
    I don't care if he got us a shiny new stadium, that was 10 years ago!
    Stop the sales spiel and put your money where your mouth is TS or get some outside investment to take us to the next level now!
    Sorry for the rant but I'm sick of the same scenario season on season.

Quote Originally Posted by CHAPELMILLER View Post
    The Chairman is nothing but a charlatan!
    He loves the limelight when we're doing well and gaining promotion. He talks the same twaddle everytime we've reached this level under Warne. He clearly stated he would back the manager so we could be competitive this season. He's now changed his tune now the season tickets have been purchased. Saying he'll invest if we stay up this season and then 10th next season! He's living in cloud cuckoo land!
    The striker who's agreed to come, doesn't really want to He's just trying to spark interest from elsewhere. There has to be a timescale on a transfer otherwise the longer it goes on the more chance we have of not getting it over the line.
    Barlaser to Blackpool? If that's allowed to happen then we are basically surrendering before the end of the first month of the season as we certainly can't afford to replace everything Dan brings to this team on our Shoestring budget.
    I don't care if he got us a shiny new stadium, that was 10 years ago!
    Stop the sales spiel and put your money where your mouth is TS or get some outside investment to take us to the next level now!
    Sorry for the rant but I'm sick of the same scenario season on season.
    I posted the other day about how many would be prepared to pay an extra 100 pounds a season ticket to afford 2 extra 8k / week players. Only got 1 response.

The fact is that TS / ASD are subsidising your football again this season.

Do you really think there is a queue of potential investors for RUFC out there?

I was told last week bout potential investment from Switzerland. 25million over 5years . This came from an employee of Rotherham united. Obviously don’t know if this is true but see no reason why this person would tell porky pies. The chairman’s main reason for saying no was that Rotherham is his baby . Has any one else heard this .

Quote Originally Posted by PerigordMiller View Post
    I posted the other day about how many would be prepared to pay an extra 100 pounds a season ticket to afford 2 extra 8k / week players. Only got 1 response.

The fact is that TS / ASD are subsidising your football again this season.

Do you really think there is a queue of potential investors for RUFC out there?
    Until he puts it out there for potential investors we will never know

I'd happily pay more for my ticket if I knew the money would be reinvested in the playing squad, unfortunately I don't think it would be.
    The last time at this level when fans couldn't attend we were competive enough to miss out on staying up by conceding a late goal to Cardiff. We had a chance to strengthen in January but TS wouldn't give Warne the funds. If we'd have stayed up we would then have become a more attractive club to sign for. The fact we yoyo is not helping us attract the sort of players we need to achieve the goal that the Chairman has set.

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    I was told last week bout potential investment from Switzerland. 25million over 5years . This came from an employee of Rotherham united. Obviously don’t know if this is true but see no reason why this person would tell porky pies. The chairman’s main reason for saying no was that Rotherham is his baby . Has any one else heard this .
    And basically that £5m a year is still peanuts.

Needs much more than that for this club to achieve any significant and lasting improvement

The puzzling thing for me bout all this is Ts stated we need to stay in the championship for two seasons and that’s when the big investment comes.he has that in his head and I don’t think he has shown to change from his outlines over his tenure.

So the questions arise from that statement is how do we then get to the point of staying in championship for two seasons…the only ways is an upward investment now coupled with we drop on a certain group/squad of players that overachieves…plus the the possible helping hand of other clubs getting points deductions to aid our cause..(which when we stayed up under evans with Blackpool and Bolton in disarray.)..

Page 131 of 171 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141 ... LastLast