+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and football.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Sorry to hear that mate. Hope the meal is good!
    Thanks Adi, I also hope the football is good, whatever the result

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    You've called me out on all sorts of bull****, yet not once presented one fact or truth which may substanciate your gob ****e rants.
    But that's you all over Swale. You're a clone of Kier Starma- I know better than you, and I will tell you what's good for you.
    If you don't agree with me, I'll resort to all the usual left wing/liberal rants of racist/xenophobe/little englander/ bigot and on and on and on.

Well I've got news for you nob jockey. No ones buying it anymore. We don't care what you say and think and the fact 95% of folks on this forum alone, think you're a dickhead substantiates my case.
    Of course for one, who mouths off, telling folks not to give me oxygen and reply. You will do the exact opposite and fly off on another rant, because you love the sound of your own voice. Narcisstic bone head.
    Actually I think you will find nobody gives a toss what you post, me included. Anyway bless your little victim obsession, maybe if you'd tried harder at school you could even have made something of yourself, who knows, one has to sympathise with those less fortunate than oneself. I know you can't help yourself so will let you have your little rant, hope you feel better soon...mm thats a nasty cough you've got.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    It's hugely ridiculous IMO. Less cases of Corona (the disease, not the pop/beer) than flu worldwide, less deaths (%-wise) worldwide. As of yesterday lunchtime 51 known instances of Corona in the UK, 12 of whom have already been declared to have fully recovered.

I am flying in tomorrow (Thursday) morning for the Cup tie and WILL be travelling. I have a clear conscience on that. No cases in my vicinity, none in the Shifnal area where I am staying. None in Derby. There wouldn't be this amount of fuss if it was a flu epidemic so why cos it's a flu like illness with a different name?
    Seems a lot can change very quickly. After Thomas Kahlenberg’s trip to Madamsterland - where he contracted the virus - it now seems thirte-en of Brondby’s staff and the Ajax assistant coach are all in quarantine.
    Flybe’s loss may be Shifnal’s gain.
    We have to keep a sense of perspective I agree, but things are changing...you and I might even be banned soon MA.

Bahrain F1 race to be held behind closed doors, this will be the start now I reckon more host countries will start doing the same

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/51789298

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Bahrain F1 race to be held behind closed doors, this will be the start now I reckon more host countries will start doing the same

I wonder if naughty Mel will still fudge the attendance figures?

Was your game vs Millwall was played behind closed doors, certainly looked like it

Was your game vs Millwall was played behind closed doors, certainly looked like it
    A fantastically constructed sentence!

No interest in F1 Stenson - each to their own and all that - but on the back of your post I looked up the 2020 F1 itinerary.
    Never realised what a massive undertaking it must be to organise all those races (23?) and equipment shifts to so many far flung places on the planet. Hats off to those responsible.

Not certain, but I can’t imagine that the presence of spectators (or otherwise) in F1 makes an actual difference to the outcome in the same way as it can in other sports - Anfield and Twickenham yesterday being cases in point - but can F1 survive without the financial input of spectators, or is the whole thing likely to be cancelled on the basis that there can’t really be another sport which involves so much otherwise unnecessary movement around the whole World?

Early days but it doesn’t bode well for either the Euros or the Olympics.

The owners of F1 Liberty Media charge the promotor a hosting fee of many many millions and each year the fee increases by about 3%, those countries that get government subsidies have to file the costs so with a bit of digging you can find out what it cost, Silverstone on the otherhand gets no government help so their hosting fee is somewhat a secret or difficult to guess, again it'll be on a sliding scale at 3% increase a year so on a 10 year contract they'll end up paying 30% more than they started out at but we don't know what they started at. However paying this is the easy part of the process. The race organisers then have to sell all the tickets, pay staff, Police and ambulance including 2 air ambulances, insurances etc and then promote the event and hope people come, and they do, they normally sell out yet Silverstone rarely break even, sometimes make a loss so without any spectators, holding a race behind closed doors certainly Silverstone well it wouldn't exsist.....it can't.

On a much smaller scale it makes you wonder how much it hurts a club to have a match played behind closed doors, if the govermant ban mass movement of people I think we'll soon find out

The owners of F1 Liberty Media charge the promotor a hosting fee of many many millions and each year the fee increases by about 3%, those countries that get government subsidies have to file the costs so with a bit of digging you can find out what it cost, Silverstone on the otherhand gets no government help so their hosting fee is somewhat a secret or difficult to guess, again it'll be on a sliding scale at 3% increase a year so on a 10 year contract they'll end up paying 30% more than they started out at but we don't know what they started at. However paying this is the easy part of the process. The race organisers then have to sell all the tickets, pay staff, Police and ambulance including 2 air ambulances, insurances etc and then promote the event and hope people come, and they do, they normally sell out yet Silverstone rarely break even, sometimes make a loss so without any spectators, holding a race behind closed doors certainly Silverstone well it wouldn't exsist.....it can't.

On a much smaller scale it makes you wonder how much it hurts a club to have a match played behind closed doors, if the govermant ban mass movement of people I think we'll soon find out
    Big implications anyway.
    We’ve lived through scares such as Polio, Smallpox, AIDS, Swine flu, Bird flu, Ebola, Chernobyl, terrorism etc, but this is the first time I can remember sports events being cancelled apart from, as a preventative measure in some areas, to prevent the spread of foot and mouth.
    Not sure what that tells us or if those that still think it’s all an overreaction may still have a point.

Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)