+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Search for new coach

Yes that is what i am saying, there not his signings, lets look from a dif view he has been in this country about 9 months, when has he had the chance to look at these players he has got in proper games, and say that's the type player i am looking for..I think Sturrick has a lot to do with the signings...We played Arbroath last week we had a 11 players in the box when they had a corner..I know i don't have a coaching badge, but one thing i do know is you don't trust the defenders you have to stop letting goals in when you do it at every corner..So if they are his buys why does he not trust them to defend corners..Just curious..There was away game i was at and the guy was an utter maniac , i thought he was an air traffic controller, arms in the air shouting this and that, i never seen one player even paying attention what he was saying..

Quote Originally Posted by zack View Post
    Yes that is what i am saying, there not his signings, lets look from a dif view he has been in this country about 9 months, when has he had the chance to look at these players he has got in proper games, and say that's the type player i am looking for..I think Sturrick has a lot to do with the signings...We played Arbroath last week we had a 11 players in the box when they had a corner..I know i don't have a coaching badge, but one thing i do know is you don't trust the defenders you have to stop letting goals in when you do it at every corner..So if they are his buys why does he not trust them to defend corners..Just curious..There was away game i was at and the guy was an utter maniac , i thought he was an air traffic controller, arms in the air shouting this and that, i never seen one player even paying attention what he was saying..
    I disagree on the signings mate. This is his team this year.

I doubt every manager in the country has time to watch comprehensively every player he signs, but what he should do is get advice from people he trusts, do some research (videos/word of mouth) then get these guys in to run the rule over them.

This is his team. I don't rate the signings made in his reign - were some of them down to Luggy/others last season - well the BoD and CL have said that was the case, but this season it's been clear he is signing the players.

In any case, if he is allowing others to sign players for him with no say or input that's just as bad as being responsible for the dross - so either way - he is responsible.

I agree with everything else. I think he is too negative, I think he is tactically inept (or certainly inflexible at best) and I firmly believe the players neither understand what he want's, nor do they believe in his methods (based on last seasons evidence).

MM needs to take a long hard look at himself. Apart from soundbites about the Utd way the only real decision he has made that effects the team is the decision to back CL. It already looks like an incorrect, and very worrying decision.

Like you say us fans are not experts, but I genuinely have not met an Arab who thinks CL is the right choice for us. If it's so patently obvious to almost everyone, why can MM not see it. For me it's one of 3 reasons.

1 - He's clueless.
    2 - We can't afford it.
    3 - both of the above.

Both are a huge concern.

Its fine i am happy reading others opinions...If it was your club would you trust him with a whole load of new players, cause i would never in a million years..We were playing Arbroath ffs 1 up front, some director got to looking at that and thinking wtf is he doing..They have to be...

In my opinion Csaba should have been punted at the end of last season. He was brought in to get us promoted, that was his objective and he failed miserably.
    Those who defended him called for stability and blamed the players downing tools. I agree with them to a point but here we are after just 2 games, a brand new team, new backroom staff, new owners but the same poor results and pathetic style of football which is not going to work in this league.
    The main thing is the board made a decision to back him as part of a "United way" vision (or gimmick depending on how you look at it) He won't be going in the foreseeable future.
    The club have gone through a massive transition which was much needed. I feel as supporters we have to back the club and at least give him a chance to get it right, although most of us know he won't.

This, almost completely new set of players, have played 3 matches together and quite a lot of folk are judging already. I understand most folk don't really agree with me on a lot of things but this just defies any logic.

A 1-1 draw with Jobby Madden-inspired Lichties & a 1-0 defeat at Dingwall which could just as easily have been a 1-0 win.
    Hardly grounds for a P45.
    Next 3 Saturdays we've got Alloa at home then Elgin away before Pars come calling for Lge game #1.
    I'll make a deal. If we don't perform well over these 3 fixtures I'll reconsider my backing of the stability squad.

1 up front playing Arbroath, even if he was using it as a friendly..What was the point in it..totally and utter madness...The guy is a total and utter balloon ..For me he had a chance get fans on his side and hes fk blown it big style..

Quote Originally Posted by zack View Post
    1 up front playing Arbroath, even if he was using it as a friendly..What was the point in it..totally and utter madness...The guy is a total and utter balloon ..For me he had a chance get fans on his side and hes fk blown it big style..
    Easy Zack. Tell me a team who use two upfront? He's getting harangued for this but then so should every manager in the land. Two up front went out with the ark. Against the Lichties we had two wide players who spent a lot of the time in the attacking half.

You want to give him a chance, that is fine i have no probs in that, but we will regret it, if he was doing one thing wrong i get it , but the list is endless..I hope i am wrong, I have seen more than enough to know what he is about . tactics formation, how negative a manager he is...You know the one that really got for me, was the home game play offs v pars Put a sub on and Frazer ran from the far side cause he thought was him and Csaba shouted for him to get back on..A player who does not even want to play for you, something is way way wrong to say the least...Flood shouting at him after he was the only player with bit fight, when he got sent off, bet my bottom dollar Csaba was close you don't have a fk clue what your doing..I never heard what he said but i bet it was not something nice..

Arbroath played with two up front - how about that !

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)