+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 21 of 55 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Brexit

Is there a reason you want to talk about two black players?

I think they were great!

Notts County legends.

What else an I say?

Quote Originally Posted by RhubarbPie View Post
    Is there a reason you want to talk about two black players?
    Yes, the reason is that you said "We did fine before the EU when we only had a handful of colored people here and we'll do just fine when we get back to that".

At least we know you would allow a few 'good' blacks over here!

Exactly.

Nothing racist about me, mate, but it's just plain wrong to think there isn't a chasm separating English culture from a lot of the culture that is coming over here and which has arrived already.

And yes, once their numbers reach a tipping point it's time to say enough's enough and start doing something about it.

A few of them is ok if their not putting a burden on us, try to make a positive contribution to England, and try to assimilate with our culture.

But, that's not what's happening, is it?

They want to take, take, take, give nothing back, and the last thing they want to do is adopt English traditions, culture and values.

And when that's the case, is time to send them home.

A few of them is ok if their not putting a burden on us
    Would I be correct in assuming your Ph.D wasn't in English?

What's your Ph.D. in?

What's your Ph.D. in?
    Arguing.

Ha!

Well, it's my argument that convinced more than half the country to vote for Brexit.

Presumably those who voted against it were the coloureds, the eastern Europeans, and a handful of deluded, leftist white folk.

This can't be for real surely?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    You’ve always seemed like a sensible type of person on here MM, so I’m genuinely interested to know why you think how another vote, made by a far better informed electorate, with an actual real world choice on the ballot paper, where both sides lies and misguidance will be far easier to expose and which hopefully will be less tainted by electoral crime would be “extremely undemocratic” and demonstrate that the “people are not in control”?

Surely the exact opposite is true?
    That is what I think based on another referendum with the same question as the first one, because the majority of the British people have already voted to leave the European Union. Therefore democratically that needs to be implemented first. Whether there would be an option to rejoin in the future well that’s a different debate.

I understand what you are saying and agree with the points you make. If another referendum were to be had then what would the question be? Would it be for example do you want the UK to implement the chequers deal (or wherever the final deal is) or not?

In an ideal world all what you have said would have been the case for the first referendum. I’m sceptical that a second refurendum would not be riddled with similar things you have mentioned if they happened the first time around.

I also think that there has been too much division across the parties and within the parties when politicians should have been working better together to implement how the UK is to leave the EU with the best deal possible. That has not helped either.

The people have spoken.

They want out of the EU.

There should be no further talk of re-referendums.

It's like calling for a re-do of the general election when the party you wanted to get into power gets beat.

You can't do it. It's ridiculous!

There was an election. The people of England voted in favour of Brexit. It's done. It's over. We're closing the border. Get used to it.

Page 21 of 55 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast