+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: The Fishal Killie home November 2nd Roll Call and whatever else anyone wants to post

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    JBFTG.
    Comfortable win and Killie were gash.
    Ref and the SS Lino were also gash.
    Lewis Ferguson was immense today, best game for a long time.
    Main was actually ok, held the ball up quite well and scored a cracking goal.
    Cosgrove was good again. He is completely transformed from a year ago and apart from his goal was excellent (and was denied a stonewall penalty).
    6 points and 2 clean sheets in 2 games should have us happy, but still feeling a bit meh from last Sunday’s embarrassment.
    Watched it on Alba last night & this is a good assessment of what I saw.

Ferguson was excellent - MOTM all day long.

Main & Cosgrove played well, good to see them both score.

Absolute stonewall penalty for Ballon D’or. Disgraceful decision. Even if the ref missed it the linesman must have seen it - these c’unts really are a waste of time.

Very comfortable win though & played some nice stuff on the deck again.

Need to keep up this standard - but if we continue to utterly sh1t the bed at the mere sight of an ugly sister then it’s all pretty meaningless...

Here's the latest with one game to go

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    3 game mini prediction league
    donsdaft is on 9 points (3 wins) with a +12 goal difference. Just an 8-0 win needed
    Pauldolski10 is on 9 points (3 wins)
    afc1903mad is on 7 points. (No defeats, draw with Killie)
    its_a_goal is on 7 points (No defeats, draw with Ross County)
    Aberdeen have 6 points out of 6 with one game to go.
    Everyone below should be happy the club has exceeded their expectations
    redday1903 is on 5 points (Hamilton win with two draws)
    Red Zone is on 4 points (1 win, 1 draw and 1 loss)
    BogBrush1903 is on 3 points (Killie win, two losses)
    Jupiter is on 3 points (three 0-0 draws)
    Red John is on 3 points(Not defined whether it is 2 defeats or three draws)
    nice1simmie is on 2 points (No wins)
    BUS is on 1 Point (No wins)

Elsewhere
    Jim Traynor aka Devanha Red reckons SevCo will draw with one of Ross County, Livingston or Hamilton in their next three league games

Mason89 is STILL too sh!t scared to make a prediction

Mondo-Notion going for a Rooney hat-trick against Newport County, Swindon Town or Macclesfield Town. Adam Rooney played 79 minutes of his first game in the mini three game predictor against Newport and failed to score. That's 3 goals in 15 league games for Rooney, but Mondo still has two opportunities for a Rooney Hat-trick

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Ferguson was excellent - MOTM all day long.
    Ferguson is a class player and it was laughable that some were dismissing him.

It's nae very often that you and me agree min but I completely agree with this, the problem is we need another 7 or 8 players of a similar standard and attitude but that's not really happening is it?

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    It's nae very often that you and me agree min but I completely agree with this, the problem is we need another 7 or 8 players of a similar standard and attitude but that's not really happening is it?
    Probably not.
    The question really is how long can we hold onto him for.

Probably not.
    The question really is how long can we hold onto him for.
    That is a worrying question.
    Sir Alex summed it up quite well in his speech the other day at the facilities opening where he said it was different in his day where a lot of the players he had were special diamonds, and it's difficult to find these type of of players nowadays, and he's spot on. Personally I think young Lewis falls into that special diamond category but I'm not too sure how long we can keep on to him for.
    Granted he is still only young lad and will make mistakes, but here's hoping he is sensible enough to learn his trade with us before looking for the mega bux move that he will certainly get one day

Sir Alex summed it up quite well in his speech the other day at the facilities opening where he said it was different in his day where a lot of the players he had were special diamonds, and it's difficult to find these type of of players nowadays, and he's spot on. Personally I think young Lewis falls into that special diamond category but I'm not too sure how long we can keep on to him for.
    Granted he is still only young lad and will make mistakes, but here's hoping he is sensible enough to learn his trade with us before looking for the mega bux move that he will certainly get one day
    I think Ferguson could be a 10m player and he was outstanding against Killie. I wonder if was the added responsibility of being the senior midfield player? He's still really a boy and some of his red cards etc have been petulant and childish but perhaps some more responsibility would help? No doubt he can play and he seems to be quite grounded but if he was made skipper it might put a few quid on his inevitable transfer?

An even more worrying question is how long will it take for him to be linked with sevco or celtic. He obviously grew up a rangers fan in a rangers family but thankfully they can't afford him. However, and despite his allegiances, I wonder if celtic have him under consideration as a Scott Brown replacement? The biscuit tin mentality will likely stop them offering enough money but sadly he would be an ideal replacement for Brown - probably very similar in where he is career-wise to where Brown was with Hibs before he signed for celtic.

The only thing holding him back from being a top, top player is a distinct lack of real pace. I understand the comparison to mutant Brown, as he also has no real pace.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    The only thing holding him back from being a top, top player is a distinct lack of real pace. I understand the comparison to mutant Brown, as he also has no real pace.
    Pace is very important in the modern game, but not essential in Ferguson’s position.

Brown doesn’t have pace.

The best example I can think of was Zidane who wasn’t fast in a straight line but created his own space with movement and speed of decisions.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast