+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hamilton on saturday

Did you guys not read about Stewart in the P&J today? He said he had 3 summer holidays and spent most of the time getting pissed, and admitted that he was woefully unfit for the start of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Ah fecking fat thumb syndrome.

To be fair, Stewart looks like he might have.
    He’s SO slow.

At one point out front 3 was Stewart, Rooney & May.

Is there’s a slower front line in the league?

Game was crying out for pace & width.

Maynard & Wright should have been on for May & Stewart long before the end.
    Maynard hasn't got any pace either,his knees are gone he can hardly run.

I thought Stewart would be better than he has been but he still has 2 more goals than Maynard has.He will be lucky if he even scores for us.
    Last edited by rico94; 04-11-2017 at 07:42 PM.

Hate to say this but we desperately missed Ryan Jack today.

Not sure if Tansey isn't quite fit enough yet but we need a wee bit more mobility and pace than O'Connor. Thought Shay was very poor again but most of the team lacked energy and drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Did you guys not read about Stewart in the P&J today? He said he had 3 summer holidays and spent most of the time getting pissed, and admitted that he was woefully unfit for the start of the season.
    F**k me, it’s November & he still looks overweight & slow.
    No excuse now.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post

Not sure if Tansey isn't quite fit enough yet but we need a wee bit more mobility and pace than O'Connor. Thought Shay was very poor again but most of the team lacked energy and drive.
    Yip.
    Jack is a better player than AOC.
    Tansey though, he hasn’t looked great what I’ve seen of him.

Yip.
    Jack is a better player than AOC.
    Tansey though, he hasn’t looked great what I’ve seen of him.
    No offence rst but you were moaning this time last season about it not being good enough and that was with Hayes,McGinn and Jack in the team.

We are 6 points better off than this time last year,I agree with you that McGinn and Hayes are better than Stewart and GMS but it was always going to be hard replacing them.I don't think Jack was as mobile as you think,before his Hun side came out people on here use to cream their pants over him but he was slow,never tackled,only passed backwards or sideways and never scored.Hence he is not a miss.

At the end of the day a lot of people have said that the majority of the team haven't played well so far yet we have 27 points out of 36 points.We weren't playing well this time last year with less points than this year and ended up having a decent season so we might end up doing ok this season too.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post

We missed someone like Jack at any rate (Tansey maybe). We didn't look any better than them and a draw was either a fair result or slightly flattering to us.

Far too many aimless balls into the channels or trying to hit May with long balls (only to watch him either fail to win the header or flick it on into no-man's land). When we did eventually get it into wide areas with Stewart, GMS or Shinnie we looked relatively dangerous, but it didn't happen enough and we weren't solid enough in the middle of the park. Christie had a disaster for whatever reason, could barely control anything and should have probably been taken off. May did little apart from a few admittedly fantastic corners into the box.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    No offence rst but you were moaning this time last season about it not being good enough and that was with Hayes,McGinn and Jack in the team.

We are 6 points better off than this time last year,I agree with you that McGinn and Hayes are better than Stewart and GMS but it was always going to be hard replacing them.I don't think Jack was as mobile as you think,before his Hun side came out people on here use to cream their pants over him but he was slow,never tackled,only passed backwards or sideways and never scored.Hence he is not a miss.

At the end of the day a lot of people have said that the majority of the team haven't played well so far yet we have 27 points out of 36 points.We weren't playing well this time last year with less points than this year and ended up having a decent season so we might end up doing ok this season too.
    I just don’t think we are as much of a threat this season especially out wide, which in turn negates the likes of May & Rooney.
    But I take on board that we’re ahead of points from last year but that said I think we’d played the Glasgow teams 3 times by this time last year? (could be wrong on that)

I just don’t think we are as much of a threat this season especially out wide, which in turn negates the likes of May & Rooney.
    But I take on board that we’re ahead of points from last year but that said I think we’d played the Glasgow teams 3 times by this time last year? (could be wrong on that)
    True but this time last year we beat Partick 2-1, the team was,

Aberdeen Teamsheet: Lewis, Logan, Shinnie, Considine, O'Connor, McLean, Hayes, Jack, Maddison (McGinn 76), Rooney, Stockley (Reynolds 88).

Today it was,

Aberdeen Teamsheet: Lewis, Logan, Shinnie, O'Connor, McLean, Stewart, Mackay-Steven (Rooney 80), Arnason, McKenna, Christie, May (Maynard 90).

I don't think the team/squad was much better then than it is now,if you recall we were winning games around that time but not playing that well.Pretty much like we have been this season.
    Last edited by rico94; 04-11-2017 at 09:32 PM.

I fear that the team have got it into their heads that the ground is Cappielow and that it is Morton in blue and white hoops instead of accies in red and white ones. Horrible horrible place and team.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast