+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Why we are not very good anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by mahatmafoot View Post
    What about Burnley, Bournemouth, Brighton, Watford, non of these should ne in the Prem but they are.
    Bloody hell MHMF, your pig watching role is starting to rub off on you!

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    How much money guarantees a play off place ? I've seen numerous posts saying if we'd pushed the boat out and backed the manager we would definately be in the top 6,I don't know nowt about this so if someone could enlighten me I'd be much the wiser for it
    Come on Bully, we're on here add expertise, logical opinion, objective thinking,to pose the questions, not answer them, that's for the manager and the (lack of) money men. .

On a serious note, I do think the owner, whoever that may be, can trust CW to invest wisely.

On that basis he should be asked what he wants and a negotiation to come to an agreed figure should then take place. He can then look at who he can afford and decide whether he needs,say,3 relatively costly players or 4-5 more solid, reliable types, but at least give him some freedom to make his bids.

The impression seems to be that , so far, he's not had much, if any freedom, at all and that, after what he has done for SUFC in less than 2 seasons, is short sighted at best.

Not seen a deal of the expertise,logical opinion or objective thinking TT but then again I've only been on here 12 yrs so there's time yet

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Not seen a deal of the expertise,logical opinion or objective thinking TT but then again I've only been on here 12 yrs so there's time yet
    Read between the lines Bully, the sense is where the gaps are. Heven't you noticed I always double space my posts?

As a side note there was a FB post about the board never getting any criticism and it was always the players and the management that got stick.never the board A few responses asked which stone the poster had lived under for the last 50 odd years.

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    one thing is certain for me if coutts had lasted all season WE WOULD be in the top 6
    I had a quick chat wi COUTTSY on Tuesday in't family Stand before ko and he told me he can't wait for pre season to start,seems like he's rarin to go.We've have missed him wiout doubt but i think we wudda missed any of our midfield magic triangle for this length of time.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    I had a quick chat wi COUTTSY on Tuesday in't family Stand before ko and he told me he can't wait for pre season to start,seems like he's rarin to go.We've have missed him wiout doubt but i think we wudda missed any of our midfield magic triangle for this length of time.UTCB
    Great news that Rod. Let’s hope all goes well for him and he can hit the ground running next season.

Chuff all this, can someone alter the words to the "We're on the March wi WILDERS army" the not goin to Wembley is out of date.Thanks in advance.UTCB
    How about “we’re all going to Wemberleeee” like we sang on our other 7 play-off campaigns?

Was he orf his crutches and splints and all dem things that go wi brockun bones,could he be ready for Wembley.

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post

Better players do tend to cost more, but not everyone who costs more is better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chips1889 View Post
    Exactly
    This is all very true lads but then in football as in life, you get what you pay for more often than not don’t you?

That’s why the vast majority of the better players in the English game are in the Premier League and the weakest (for whatever reason) are in League two. There are obviously some players that make you wonder ‘why haven’t played at a higher level?’ (our own Duffmeister springs to mind), and we may well have choked on our brew when players like Stewart Downing not only ‘graced’ the Prem for years but also played for England.

They’re in the minority though. The key is to do the research, bring in players that complement our existing group and spend wisely. I trust our management team to do that if given the chance to.

Quote Originally Posted by CHIPBUTTYBLADE View Post
    Was he orf his crutches and splints and all dem things that go wi brockun bones,could he be ready for Wembley.
    He walked up the stand normally,no aids whatsoever.UTCB

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast