+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: George Murdoch Murder - The Pittodrie Connection

Jogging memories here.

Cheese wire murder.

I got a phone call at home from plod.

I was a barman at the time in Tatlers / Villas

They were interviewing someone and he claimed to have been there that evening.

Did I remember anyone with a Northern Irish accent ordering drink at the bar.

Christ, you had to lipread in there , you'd have had to have been a real a'rsehole to be remembered just for your accent.

On another note, Skol lager, gads.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    On another note, Skol lager, gads.
    On that point Skol was p"sh but does anyone remember Norseman lager? Showing my age now of course.

Yip, p'ish in a can.

This was at a time remember when we all thought that Tennents was as good as it gets.

So, how bad was this stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Same with the Renee McRae murder up in Sneckie. Highland Plod know whoddunnit
    Common knowledge.........and she's under the A9.

My Dad, who died 48 years ago last weekend once had his collar felt by Plod after one of the drunken neighbours broke a windie to get into his hoose, bleezin at New Year, and punctured an artery in his wrist.

The aul man went to help, and got a fair bit of blood on his best suit. Proper Mannies wore Proper Mannies’ best apparel at Hogmanay back then.

He put it into the dry cleaner’s and Dibble paid him a visit, since the dry cleaner had reported the sotter of his jacket, they put two and two together, and asked him, as a long distance lorry driver, aboot a murder in Preston.

He’d given up long distance work about three years previously like, but Banffshire tarryhats were never as perceptive as the boys in Z Cars.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Yip, p'ish in a can.

This was at a time remember when we all thought that Tennents was as good as it gets.

So, how bad was this stuff?
    . Nae as bad as Breaker Malt Liqueur.

🤮

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    I think even the useless Grumpian Police know who murdered Brenda Page; they just can't pin it on him.
    Oh, can you elaborate without committing slander, or would it be libel because it's typed.... Would the husband have any knowledge of it? Or did I read somewhere that it might've been a colleague at the University?

Quote Originally Posted by deaconred View Post
    Was there no a post office wifie murdered at about the same time? New Pitsligo?
    Aye, that's right...... would've been, what, 80-81 ish? Mebbe a bit later.

The current Mrs V, a university staffer then and now, says that the feds know exactly who did it, the individual in the frame being a right bastaard who fell out with everybody, and who scared a lot of people. Nae enough evidence though.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    The current Mrs V, a university staffer then and now, says that the feds know exactly who did it, the individual in the frame being a right bastaard who fell out with everybody, and who scared a lot of people. Nae enough evidence though.
    If everyone knows who it is, why not club him over the heed and feed him to pacmins pigs?

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast