+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 3-3-1-3!

We could end up with the best loan players we have ever had this year. A true game changer

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    We could end up with the best loan players we have ever had this year. A true game changer
    And no Marley to comment.........

So here I am......

Why is it likely (or even possible) that the current opex will be exceeded (given Radrizzanis comments about the squad being too big), simply in order to assuage the acknowledge ego of Bielsa?

We don't have a transfer kitty which is larger than last seasons, and we have a huge amount of dead wood to offload. Unless and until we do, is anyone REALLY expecting us to inflate further an already bloated (and wasteful, unproductive), wage bill?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    If anyone passes an objective rule over the 1st team squad, they can't conclude that more than 4 - 5 players have what is required to perform in a 3-3-1-3 formation (being optimistic).

We won't see another influx of new players like last season with over 20 new arrivals.

Conclusion? 3-3-1-3 won't/can't happen.
    .. and you know this because .... oh no you don’t .. you are turning into the Donald Trump of this forum think it, say it, believe it - fake news.com

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    .. and you know this because .... oh no you don’t .. you are turning into the Donald Trump of this forum think it, say it, believe it - fake news.com
    No HO, just saying it as I see it, unlike others who continue.to delude themselves

3-3-1-3 requires a squad that we simply don't have, and there is simply not enough opex/capex to make it possible, so it is simply unrealisable.

And I thought you were a little above personal insults.

No HO, just saying it as I see it, unlike others who continue.to delude themselves

3-3-1-3 requires a squad that we simply don't have, and there is simply not enough opex/capex to make it possible, so it is simply unrealisable.

Someone call the waaaaambulance. WTF has been insulted AGAIN! #metoo #sheforhe #prayforwtf

So here I am......

Why is it likely (or even possible) that the current opex will be exceeded (given Radrizzanis comments about the squad being too big), simply in order to assuage the acknowledge ego of Bielsa?

We don't have a transfer kitty which is larger than last seasons, and we have a huge amount of dead wood to offload. Unless and until we do, is anyone REALLY expecting us to inflate further an already bloated (and wasteful, unproductive), wage bill?
    Its purely speculation from everyone at the moment and I don't think this will change until Biesla is at Thorp Arch and really sets his stall out.

I actually dont think we will have much trouble moving players, if the wage cap from last year was 15K, I think a lot of teams will take what we dont want as I would hope we don't have too many players at the top of that pay scale. If we aren't looking for hefty transfer fees I think we should be able to move them on.

As for the questions about 3,3,1,3 formation, I think with a few quality additions, a couple of loan signings, academy grads , a couple more from the U23's, we do have enough in the locker to use it.

So here I am......

Not sure I'm being delusional WTF...just following the logic.
    - 3-3-1-3 is Bielsa's 'way' preferred choice, so its likely he'll aim to create a team based on that tactic;
    - Bielsa left Lazio after 2 days because they didn't 'assuage' his ego, so Leeds know that they have to fulfil any promises;
    - yes, we have dead wood, but we've already got rid of Wiedwald, with Antonssen and Denton on their way to Brescia;
    - the dead wood that is left (ie Grot, Cibicki, Ekuban) are not big earners, so even if they end up in the U23's before eventually being loaned/sold/released, then the burden is not heavy.
    - AND remember, it's the EGO of Bielsa that we are paying 2mill/year for. Its the fact that he's a 'big ape' that makes him such an exciting appointment. Why on earth would Leeds appoint him on such high wages if they didn't plan to 'assuage' him?

This is not 'normal' times WTF. AR is no small fish...he's just proven that, so I wouldn't dismiss the possibility that he's just torn up the rules from last year and rewritten them. So, will he take the hit of half a dozen low wage earners lolling in the U23's so that Bielsa can create the squad he needs...I reckon he will.

Quote Originally Posted by Flintadore View Post
    Not sure I'm being delusional WTF...just following the logic.
    - 3-3-1-3 is Bielsa's 'way' preferred choice, so its likely he'll aim to create a team based on that tactic;
    - Bielsa left Lazio after 2 days because they didn't 'assuage' his ego, so Leeds know that they have to fulfil any promises;
    - yes, we have dead wood, but we've already got rid of Wiedwald, with Antonssen and Denton on their way to Brescia;
    - the dead wood that is left (ie Grot, Cibicki, Ekuban) are not big earners, so even if they end up in the U23's before eventually being loaned/sold/released, then the burden is not heavy.
    - AND remember, it's the EGO of Bielsa that we are paying 2mill/year for. Its the fact that he's a 'big ape' that makes him such an exciting appointment. Why on earth would Leeds appoint him on such high wages if they didn't plan to 'assuage' him?

This is not 'normal' times WTF. AR is no small fish...he's just proven that, so I wouldn't dismiss the possibility that he's just torn up the rules from last year and rewritten them. So, will he take the hit of half a dozen low wage earners lolling in the U23's so that Bielsa can create the squad he needs...I reckon he will.
    Respectfully (genuinely and with no hint of irony or sarcasm), I disagree.

Generally yes but this is the most exciting pre season I have seen in years and we have signed a world class coach of international renown who plays attacking football and you see shadow where most of us see light. I get you have a different opinion but you don’t have to triple underline with added emphas how deluded we all are deigning to disagree. Just because I have a different view does not mean I am deluded. You said FW was so crap we would never get rid. Well a top German team thinks differently.

It looks to me to use poker parlance as if AR may just be going all in with the Wolves play book. Instead of premature thought ejaculation maybe hold fire and wait to see how it unfolds?

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Someone call the waaaaambulance. WTF has been insulted AGAIN! #metoo #sheforhe #prayforwtf
    Tell you what Joel, instead.of addressing the issue why not try doing cheap shots at me?

Oh my, thats exactly how f00king intelligent you are, how sad.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)