+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Sporting Director

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    this was your typical kind of reply when anyone questioned your opinion previously so i was expecting this.
    Typical because it is right.

I have an opinion + It's a football forum = Expressing that opinion.

I remain sceptical about this Asghar guy. One or two dud players signed and everyone will turn against him like happened to Taylor.

Will he get a cut of any transfer fees? He is an agent after all. Will he be full time at United or still working as an agent or heading up his agency working with other clubs?

Just substitute double glazing salesman for ex-copper and it'll be the same jibes.

Yip and never once have i said you couldnt, i just find it remarkable that your opinion differs to everyone the majority of the time, but thats what keeps the forums such as these alive.

Still think you're way of the mark, in my opinion of course, especially after backing Csaba for so long

Quote Originally Posted by geofoxposse View Post
    It was mentioned to me today by a current bun supporter that they believe the Ogren motive is to get the club on a level footing financially but still the Championship, then sell the club on the verge of promotion which will probably be the end of next year, offering a new buyer a much larger return on the investment and sufficiently enhancing his own worth.

The ownership of the h**s over recent years has clouded the vision of most people.
    I know a guy who was advising Ogren on the deal. Can’t get much out of him as expected but reckons the ambition is to get us out of this league at first time of asking. Has some cash to pump in and a plan that the fans will be happy about....

For now that’ll do me.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Yip and never once have i said you couldnt, i just find it remarkable that your opinion differs to everyone the majority of the time, but thats what keeps the forums such as these alive.

Still think you're way of the mark, in my opinion of course, especially after backing Csaba for so long
    Couple of questions in the interest of a sturdy debate.

What evidence leads you to think I'm way off the mark?

Further to that and just out of interest, what about Tony Asghar convinces you he's best qualified to be our sporting director?

Do you think our sporting director has to be full time (meaning Asghar needs to revoke his agents license and his role with Revolution)?

I understand folk wanted rid of ST at any price but surely folk have concerns for the long term future of the club if things don't pan out as Ogren wants? What then?

It's somthing new, people are wary I accept that. However the two people on here that seem most wary are the two that were happy to let csaba carry on regardless. Couldn't make it up.

This cld be said of any new investor/owner.

The main concern for most is that the new owner is not a local lad who used carry out a paper round in fintry (other schemes are also as prevalent to this scenario).

The club was on the verge of being ruined/bankrupt under the previous regime.

Some bemoaned the fact that MM and C/o came in and steadied the ship until new investment/owner was be found.

Now we have a new owner some are still nt happy. I get you cant please everyone. Bt I think the new owner sporting director deserve a chance to at least feck up before the negativity ensues.

Patience is required and time will tell. Bt until then a victory today will bring us back into the fold.

COME ON UTD!

It's not a question of not giving folk a chance, I don't think I've seen anything from anyone not happy to do that.

I think it's a fair question I've asked just a little earlier though.

Although a valid question ttt I think it’s a bit premature. When Eddie came in no one really questioned it as the club was nt in a good place, and because he ran the club with his heart he ended up running up a massive debt.

From what I have read so far I can’t see the new owner doing that as his main goal appears to be to make money.

I think we shld wait and see what the new owners intentions are before the scare mongering begins.

Quote Originally Posted by arab81 View Post
    It's somthing new, people are wary I accept that. However the two people on here that seem most wary are the two that were happy to let csaba carry on regardless. Couldn't make it up.
    Its important to air opinions on here and some good points made but yes there is a certain irony here.

edit to say: It seemed that same two were critical of Neilson appointment too? just saying
    Last edited by Shedboy1971; 05-01-2019 at 10:50 AM.

Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)