+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wilder Speaks...

Wilder Speaks...

Chris is either a brilliant poker player or we are genuinely scratching around listening to that. Maybe a mixture of things like the rumours about HRH and that Brooks won’t be sold now, but it sounds to me like Chris has got to try and wheel and deal again. I hope we don’t have to sell anybody we don’t want to.

Here’s the link, a sign in may be required.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05srtrq

Sounds like Deja Vu time.

chris could well be a very good poker player downbeating last couple of interviews but got a feeling his hands are tied again

What worries me is why we pay so poorly. We have a great fan base, where does the money go?

a great fan base at a significantly cheaper price. possibly evens out with some others??

Quote Originally Posted by AceOfBlades View Post
    a great fan base at a significantly cheaper price. possibly evens out with some others??
    Not much cheaper for the previous 6 seasons I wouldn't have though AoB, and in greater numbers.

Very glad to hear that our players are not here “just for the money”. Much better to have players wanting to play for us due to the team spirit etc., etc.
    CW and AK have done their bit to build a great “dressing room”, the players have done their bit by “working their socks off”, now it’s up to the supporters to continue to provide a similarly positive atmosphere to play in.
    The successful players have been rewarded with improved (and longer) contracts.
    For the first time for a very long time, this club is being run on a sensible, sustainable basis. Long may that continue! UTB!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post
    Very glad to hear that our players are not here “just for the money”. Much better to have players wanting to play for us due to the team spirit etc., etc.
    CW and AK have done their bit to build a great “dressing room”, the players have done their bit by “working their socks off”, now it’s up to the supporters to continue to provide a similarly positive atmosphere to play in.
    The successful players have been rewarded with improved (and longer) contracts.
    For the first time for a very long time, this club is being run on a sensible, sustainable basis. Long may that continue! UTB!!!
    You mention everybody except for the board and owners there Ronnie.

Do you think that Chris sounded 'appy with his lot or is he indeed a poker player par excellence?

I remember watching that really good footage of Wilder on the last deadline day and the frustration of people throwing up huge price increases at the last second when it seemed the deal was already done.
    Maybe he’s playing his cards to his chest to stop **** houses like the one at Southend trying to hold the club to ransom.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    You mention everybody except for the board and owners there Ronnie.

Do you think that Chris sounded 'appy with his lot or is he indeed a poker player par excellence?
    I don’t really know, Gray. I have asked on another thread for us to all have a bit of patience - and pass judgement on any toings and froings after they have happened, not before. It is very difficult to know what the board is up to. Even the Annual Reports are so opaque nowadays, that I can’t tell what is really happening (and I make most of my income from reading Annual Reports and investing accordingly).
    All I will say is that I am glad we are not “spunkin moneh” on old, overpaid, injury prone, has beens as was too often the case in the past.
    At the moment I suppose I am a bit of a “happy clapper”. How long that continues, remains to be seen.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast