+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: European Elections

You don't think of the Conservatives as a Remain party Savannah ? Could you explain then why this leaflet, on behalf of the Conservative government, and at considerable expense to the British taxpayer, was delivered to every UK household a couple of months before the EU referendum ?

"In the form of a glossy 16-page document, the government’s mailshot was sent to all UK households between the 11-13th April 2016. The document entitled ‘Why the government believes voting to remain in the European Union is the best decision for the UK’ ubiquitously made the case for why people should vote to remain in the EU."

It seemed to be sending a fairly clear and unequivocal message to the voters on where the Tories stood on the issue when I read it then, and it still does when I read it now, three years later.
    Last edited by sinkov; 14-05-2019 at 09:27 PM.

"MPs have been commenting on the eerie ‘Mary Celeste’ atmosphere around a sparsely populated Palace of Westminster. Nothing’s happening and, it seems, no one’s in charge. Yet the country continues full pelt, producing, distributing, consuming. Business is transacted, factories make stuff, plans are constantly drawn up. Lambs frolic in the fields, and plants continue to gobble up carbon dioxide from an atmosphere which supplies it a bit too thinly for their liking.
    The truth is, the country works because people work, nature continues because it’s designed that way. So when can our tiny-minded politicians get it into their thick heads that Britain will not collapse if it is released from EU captivity? At worst it will have a relatively short adjustment period to a bit of new paperwork and a somewhat different balance of financial costs and benefits (which are minimal in comparison to the size of our economy). And then, with full sovereignty, fully restored, it’s up to us to work and trade according to our own imagination, energy and skill . . .
    Yet deep in her bunker a worn-out woman whose ‘leadership’ has no concept, no understanding, no vision about any of the above-mentioned facts, apparently thinks it’s time for another vote on the EU capitulation treaty or a series of ‘indicative votes’ in that apology for a parliament.
    How very, very sad."

I've just returned from a Birthday sojourn up in Whitby. No 'phone, no lap top, no nothing. The sun was shining, the pubs and restaurants were bursting at the seams, the ships were sailing, folks were smiling. Brexit what phooking Brexit?

Like you sinkov, I had my own reasons to vote LEAVE and I am 100% convinced I made the right decision. Pity our democratically (in some cases) Remain MP's think they know better.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    "MPs have been commenting on the eerie ‘Mary Celeste’ atmosphere around a sparsely populated Palace of Westminster. Nothing’s happening and, it seems, no one’s in charge. Yet the country continues full pelt, producing, distributing, consuming. Business is transacted, factories make stuff, plans are constantly drawn up. Lambs frolic in the fields, and plants continue to gobble up carbon dioxide from an atmosphere which supplies it a bit too thinly for their liking.
    The truth is, the country works because people work, nature continues because it’s designed that way. So when can our tiny-minded politicians get it into their thick heads that Britain will not collapse if it is released from EU captivity? At worst it will have a relatively short adjustment period to a bit of new paperwork and a somewhat different balance of financial costs and benefits (which are minimal in comparison to the size of our economy). And then, with full sovereignty, fully restored, it’s up to us to work and trade according to our own imagination, energy and skill . . .
    Yet deep in her bunker a worn-out woman whose ‘leadership’ has no concept, no understanding, no vision about any of the above-mentioned facts, apparently thinks it’s time for another vote on the EU capitulation treaty or a series of ‘indicative votes’ in that apology for a parliament.
    How very, very sad."
    Sinkov, you know me too well. You are well aware that whenever you read the Conservative Woman a buzzer sounds in my living room and I spring into action.

Yes, people and nature carry on and get on with it, no matter what.

The same happened during the war - humans and nature are very resourceful - but that doesn't mean that the prevailing conditions are not as good as they should be and should be avoided if at all possible.
    The chap who wrote that piece is obviously of the same opinion as you - no problem - but there are a myriad of different opinions and that is the real problem here.

He had a point that I totally agree with though. That is the seeming lack of urgency in Parliament.
    For six weeks now the Brexit thing has been on hold while the Tories and Labour are holding "Useful and constructive" talks. Pull the other one. I think we all know that nothing will come out of them and that (as you put it) the can will have been kicked another two months down the road.

Theresa is bringing here deal back to Parliament for one more go and if it fails then "time will have run out" because shortly afterwards Parliament bugger off for their jollies and conferences until October.
    Just digest that fact.

The country is struggling to resolve the biggest issue for generations and they go on holiday??

If a company was in this situation they would burn the midnight oil until it was resolved.

I won't make the comparison, but if we were threatened by war, would they blithely bugger off to Florida to lie on the beach?
    (Sorry, I DID make the comparison).

In this situation our politicians should be locked away in Parliament, with only bread and water, and not be allowed out until it has been sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Sinkov, you know me too well. You are well aware that whenever you read the Conservative Woman a buzzer sounds in my living room and I spring into action.

Yes, people and nature carry on and get on with it, no matter what.

The same happened during the war - humans and nature are very resourceful - but that doesn't mean that the prevailing conditions are not as good as they should be and should be avoided if at all possible.
    The chap who wrote that piece is obviously of the same opinion as you - no problem - but there are a myriad of different opinions and that is the real problem here.

He had a point that I totally agree with though. That is the seeming lack of urgency in Parliament.
    For six weeks now the Brexit thing has been on hold while the Tories and Labour are holding "Useful and constructive" talks. Pull the other one. I think we all know that nothing will come out of them and that (as you put it) the can will have been kicked another two months down the road.

Theresa is bringing here deal back to Parliament for one more go and if it fails then "time will have run out" because shortly afterwards Parliament bugger off for their jollies and conferences until October.
    Just digest that fact.

The country is struggling to resolve the biggest issue for generations and they go on holiday??

If a company was in this situation they would burn the midnight oil until it was resolved.

I won't make the comparison, but if we were threatened by war, would they blithely bugger off to Florida to lie on the beach?
    (Sorry, I DID make the comparison).

In this situation our politicians should be locked away in Parliament, with only bread and water, and not be allowed out until it has been sorted.
    Ah Conservative Woman, is that where it came from 59, it may well have done, I might also have picked it up from Briefings for Brexit, Guido Fawkes, Comment Central, the Spectator, City AM, the Telegraph, Brexit Central or any of the others I read on a regular basis, but I take your word it's CW. And that buzzer you hear, it's not a buzzer at all really is it, it's the little ping you hear as CW drops into your inbox everyday as it does into mine. It's clear that like me you read it every day, and why not, it's essential reading for anyone, like me and you, who detest the Conservative Party, CW gives them a far harder kicking than any lefty rag would do, and coming from closer to home, presumably it hurts more. Not that Theresa will notice though, will she.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I've just returned from a Birthday sojourn up in Whitby. No 'phone, no lap top, no nothing. The sun was shining, the pubs and restaurants were bursting at the seams, the ships were sailing, folks were smiling. Brexit what phooking Brexit?
    I'll be in Whitby in a couple of weeks BT, which is the best chippy ?

Euro/ Government Psycho thought programming election Pox - not more than a side game... built to entertain and swing us toward the reset.

"States, most especially the large hegemonic ones, such as the United States and Great Britain, are controlled by the international central banking system, working through secret agreements at the Bank for International Settlements (BIS), and operating through national central banks (such as the Bank of England and the Federal Reserve). The state is thus owned by an international banking cartel, and though the state acts in such a way that proves its continual relevance in the global economy, it acts so not in terms of self-interest for the state itself, but for the powerful interests that control that state. The same international banking cartel that controls the United States today previously controlled Great Britain and held it up as the international hegemon. When the British order faded, and was replaced by the United States, the US ran the global economy. However, the same interests are served. States will be used and discarded at will by the international banking cartel; they are simply tools."

Andrew Gavin Marshall - Global Power and Global Government.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I'll be in Whitby in a couple of weeks BT, which is the best chippy ?
    Magpie opposite Whitby Fish Market - brilliant! If you want to impress Mrs S though, try The Moon & Sixpence on Marine Parade, very bourgeoise you will love it!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Magpie opposite Whitby Fish Market - brilliant! If you want to impress Mrs S though, try The Moon & Sixpence on Marine Parade, very bourgeoise you will love it!
    Cheers BT, I'll be trying the Magpie, Mrs S is a nightmare to impress, her favourite restaurant is Northcote Manor, closely followed by La Belle Epoque in Bordeaux, which is fine, but she actually expects me to take her to these places and pay for them as well.

I am not sure I entirely like Farage but at least he understands the mood of the country. May and Corbyn don’t have an effin clue. Their Brexit talks are a complete joke. Let’s wipe the smiles off their faces on May 23.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)