+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T: The Iron Lady

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    Horrible woman that got away with murder as far as I am concerned.I am not just talking about the miners either.
    I have family in the Stoke area.My cousins best mate was a bit of a tearaway in his younger days.He was taken from his family in the mid 80s and placed in a childrens home for a while.When he was in there he was a victim of "pindown".One of Thatchers initiatives.Locked in a room for days with basic food.Horrible,horrible witch that should of been held accountable for issues such as this.He still suffers with the memory of it now.
    My Dad hated the woman.So was fitting that when he raised a glass at her death I joined him.
    many people on the street would love to be locked in a room with basic food
    if his family and he had behaved properly he wouldnt have been there .

she was a great women

had a lot of ****e to sort that the spineless labour and unions wouldnt

people forget she shut less mines and shipyards than they did
    she allowed my mum and dad to buy their house

she got us away from depending and being ruled by unions

those with spines and the desire to better themselves work hard and their families liked her
    those that had depended on hand outs and didnt want to work for what they had or got didnt and thought the world owed them a living as they paid union doos didnt

put the great back into britain
    and phucked up the unions and the bullies

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    Not if it means being locked up in a room somewhere and kept away from normal society.

This is pretty insensitive seeing as you have absolutely no idea about the specific situation. Clearly you think strict punishment is the way forward, but people tend to suffer for the rest of their lives from the trauma of having experienced that kind of discipline from a young age. And you know that.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    Not if it means being locked up in a room somewhere and kept away from normal society.

This is pretty insensitive seeing as you have absolutely no idea about the specific situation. Clearly you think strict punishment is the way forward, but people tend to suffer for the rest of their lives from the trauma of having experienced that kind of discipline from a young age. And you know that.
    these people i speak of are already removed from normal society
    living on the streets isnt the norm
    they would love a bed and food

maybe discipline was what he was missing hence why he is there or was there

people dont go to these places without good cause and have gone past other routes

not saying its his fault

and maggie didnt invent these places
    the lock downs really

been going on for years and years

she was a great women

had a lot of ****e to sort that the spineless labour and unions wouldnt

people forget she shut less mines and shipyards than they did
    she allowed my mum and dad to buy their house

she got us away from depending and being ruled by unions

those with spines and the desire to better themselves work hard and their families liked her
    those that had depended on hand outs and didnt want to work for what they had or got didnt and thought the world owed them a living as they paid union doos didnt

put the great back into britain
    and phucked up the unions and the bullies
    You always sneer stupidly and dismiss posters who quote stats and facts but you just stated about Thatcher closing less mines and shipyards than Labour.

Yes that is a true fact and stat but here is the twist. Labour closed the ones which were unproductive and in some cases dangerous to work.

Witcher closed them down willynilly out of spite where she thought she could get back at the workforce and unions whether or not they were profitable or runnable and indeed several were reopened by the workers with help from the unions and were run profitably.

What does that tell you about a) economics and b) pettiness and spite rather than reason and commonsense.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)