+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Special Announcement

The PA system actually sounds fine in the Pavis stand (at least in the middle where i sit). It was cutting out during one of the announcements during the last game but that was more likely down to needing some fresh batteries in the handheld mic or it simply losing signal, nowt to do with the speakers

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    If someone with more time and effort than me would like to work out how much people paying on the gate for the games so far with the deals he's done have paid compared to the price season ticket's work out at that'd be useful to see, I'd imagine us ST holders are still paying less.
    Based on someone paying for every game -£20 per game with 4 discounted tickets. Rough figures below.

They would pay about £60 more than a season ticket holder in the Kop.

They would pay about £10 more than a season ticket holder in the Pavis.

Also season ticket holders get additional benefits.

Alan Hardy

Verified account

@Bigalanh5
    2m2 minutes ago
    More
    New permanent signing to be revealed in the next hour! ��

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    The PA system actually sounds fine in the Pavis stand (at least in the middle where i sit). It was cutting out during one of the announcements during the last game but that was more likely down to needing some fresh batteries in the handheld mic or it simply losing signal, nowt to do with the speakers
    As you are sat sitting in the middle of the Pavis Stand, DF22, when the man with the pretty illuminated board showing substitutes numbers and minutes for extra time comes out and flashes his board, will you shout and ask him to actually pause when he faces it towards the Kop as I sometimes blink and miss him flashing.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    As you are sat sitting in the middle of the Pavis Stand, DF22, when the man with the pretty illuminated board showing substitutes numbers and minutes for extra time comes out and flashes his board, will you shout and ask him to actually pause when he faces it towards the Kop as I sometimes blink and miss him flashing.
    You want to see him flashing?

Quote Originally Posted by CmonU***yStylishPies View Post
    Based on someone paying for every game -£20 per game with 4 discounted tickets. Rough figures below.

They would pay about £60 more than a season ticket holder in the Kop.

They would pay about £10 more than a season ticket holder in the Pavis.

Also season ticket holders get additional benefits.
    £60 is therefore equivalent to 3 games. As i would probably miss a couple each season it is edging towards not being worth it.
    What are these additional benefits of which you speak ?

Quote Originally Posted by puddingking View Post
    We need to look after the older hard-of-hearing fans in the DP first. I'd suggest better speakers or earhorns for D block before any money is spent on the Kop
    Apparently we are still losing 1.6 squillion a year, despite attendances being up 60% and pre~match catering "through the roof" from 30 odd people previously to 350 now.....an extra 100k into the losses column is not high on the list of AH......Charlie quipped in "you must be paying too much in match bonuses"......makes you wonder how Accy and Morecambe survive on crowds of 365 plus a dog?

Interesting that Burton are actually making a profit of 1.35 million despite paying Championship wages

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41650536

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Interesting that Burton are actually making a profit of 1.35 million despite paying Championship wages

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41650536
    Could have something to do with the fact that Burton, like all Championship clubs, get a payment from the EFL of £6+m each season.

Take that away and they'd be losing £5m a year.
    Last edited by 60YearsAPie; 12-01-2018 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    I'm usually busy shouting obscenities at him when he shows the added time to be fair...

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    Could have something to do with the fact that Burton, like all Championship clubs, get a payment from the EFL of £6+m each season.

Take that away and they'd be losing £5m a year.
    ......and most of the "parity payments" go on wages surely.......2 years ago the average wages in the Championship were 324,250 compared to 40,350 in League 2....multiply that by a squad of 20 and that is the 6 million spondullix down the swannee.

My point is that arguably a smaller club than Notts are making a decent fist of surviving 2 divisions higher than us......it can be done

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast