+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who do you want in the next round?

Who do you want in the next round?

Man Utd away
    Liverpool away (Bosses team)
    Newcastle away
    F word at home
    Chelsea at home

In that order. If we get a lower league team then hopefully we'll get a home tie.

Quote Originally Posted by CmonU***yStylishPies View Post
    Man Utd away
    Liverpool away (Bosses team)
    Newcastle away
    F word at home
    Chelsea at home

In that order. If we get a lower league team then hopefully we'll get a home tie.
    Add Spurs away to that list.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    Add Spurs away to that list.
    I knew I missed a decent one. Been a while since we've been to Wembleh.

Man City would be another good one. I don’t want Forest - we’d have to leave out Grant and Yates.

Hull away would be good for me, but the runes are telling me away to Foxes or Fleetwood.

Quote Originally Posted by Frigiliana Pie 1 View Post
    Man City would be another good one. I don’t want Forest - we’d have to leave out Grant and Yates.
    I agree

The chances of drawing a specific club (eg Man U) are around 3.2%. If you consider that depending on replay results maybe only 6 or 7 teams would be classed as a 'good draw', we only have a 20% chance of getting one. Roughly half the teams would be classed as a 'rubbish draw', giving us a 50% chance of that. Still hoping for 15 v Lucky 13

1. Sheffield United
    2. Watford
    3. Birmingham City
    4. Liverpool
    5. Brighton or Crystal Palace
    6. Peterborough
    7. Bournemouth or Wigan
    8. Coventry
    9. Newport County
    10. Huddersfield
    11. Yeovil
    12. Nottingham Forest
    13. Notts County
    14. MK Dons
    15. Manchester United
    16. West Brom
    17. Rochdale
    18. Tottenham
    19. Middlesbrough
    20. Fleetwood or Leicester
    21. Hull
    22. Cardiff or Mansfield
    23. Manchester City
    24. Shrewsbury or West Ham
    25. Wolves or Swansea
    26. Stevenage or Reading
    27. Newcastle
    28. Millwall
    29. Southampton
    30. Preston
    31. Norwich or Chels
    32. Carlisle or Sheffield Wednesday

Last time we played Fword, the 3-3, they were entering a difficult period towards the foot of the 2nd tier under McLaren whilst we would rise to the top of the 3rd tier under Martin Allen. There wasn't much of a gap between us, and we still had Lee Hughes.

Fword is the last team I'd want us to be draw against, we could well be humiliated. I wouldn't mind losing 10-0 to Man United and then saying than you very much for the big fat cheque, but games against Fword actually mean something (even in cup competitions) and I don't think we're ready to take them on just yet.

So it's a big away pay day for me against one of the big 5, get knocked out, take the money and then concentrate on winning promotion.

From a personal point of view i’d love to play Leicester having grown up here and never seen us play them.

Otherwise i’m pretty chilled, a big Prem team is obviously the dream scenario but looking at some of the teams put out over the weekend I think anyone else classes as a tie we might just be able to do something in.

Let’s be honest, this whole run is a complete bonus considering we’re having a fantastic season anyway and were 2-0 down after ten minutes of the first round. Would be nice for the owner, manager and players to get the big draw that their efforts this season deserve, though.

I'll say Newport away....Simply because if I say Manure Utd away we will draw out Newport at Meadow Lane.......so jobs a goodun...I hope

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast