+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who do you want in the next round?

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    From a personal point of view i’d love to play Leicester having grown up here and never seen us play them.

Otherwise i’m pretty chilled, a big Prem team is obviously the dream scenario but looking at some of the teams put out over the weekend I think anyone else classes as a tie we might just be able to do something in.

Let’s be honest, this whole run is a complete bonus considering we’re having a fantastic season anyway and were 2-0 down after ten minutes of the first round. Would be nice for the owner, manager and players to get the big draw that their efforts this season deserve, though.
    Leicester would do nicely for me, a new ground (although I did Filbert St a few times) a short trip so potentially a great following, a slight possibility of a replay or result (if they play silly buggers with team selection) and would be a fairly good money spinner especially if the Derby aspect appealed to the Tele. Newport away it is then!

No idea if it is an omen, but my girlfriend, who knows nothing about football said Man Utd next round BEFORE we had won at Brentford.....even Mexican women have heard of Man Utd......I told her to go back to sleep "we will not even beat Brentford you silly woman"....I obviously do not know what I am talking about....maybe she does?

Likely hoody is that we are all building up the draw and will be disappointed. If it’s a poor draw please be at home. If it is any of the big prem sides or local sides, away is fine. Would rather a Home tie even if it is Man U or the like to be honest. Been far too long since ML was full and bouncing

Got an inkling either Newcastle or Huddersfield @ home,both would have decent away followings &, winable on the day.

Hardy deserves the lucky cash break for all his efforts.

I fear we will get one of the following away from home: Preston, Rochdale, MK Dons, Peterborough, or of course Newport. These sort of ties look well tricky, with limited financial reward and plenty of chances to derail our hopes of getting out of League 2.

BBC2 just showed the Stead goal in the preview section.

Quote Originally Posted by karl wheatly View Post
    Hardy deserves the lucky cash break for all his efforts.

I fear we will get one of the following away from home: Preston, Rochdale, MK Dons, Peterborough, or of course Newport. These sort of ties look well tricky, with limited financial reward and plenty of chances to derail our hopes of getting out of League 2.
    At home to Yeovil or Newport.

I want to get through and go as far as we can. Leave the bean counting to the club, it's not what being a supporter should be about. Let's get to the last 16 then take it from there!

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    At home to Yeovil or Newport.

I want to get through and go as far as we can. Leave the bean counting to the club, it's not what being a supporter should be about. Let's get to the last 16 then take it from there!
    There's always the danger of losing to those teams though. Last time we got this far we went out to Stevenage.

Draw's on, lets see who we get. I can see a big club at home, maybe Man Utd or Spurs.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Draw's on, lets see who we get. I can see a big club at home, maybe Man Utd or Spurs.
    I've just turned over to Channel 4 News for a few minutes.

Edit: safe to turn back now.

Here we go
    Last edited by upthemaggies; 08-01-2018 at 07:11 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast