+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Powell sacked

Chris Powell sacked

Southend sack manager Chris Powell after losing last 11 games.

Sacking season seems to have started early.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47706545

It's one last desperate roll of the dice. I'd suspect had Hardy not already sacked Kewell and Nolan, we'd be doing the same thing with Ardley

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    It's one last desperate roll of the dice. I'd suspect had Hardy not already sacked Kewell and Nolan, we'd be doing the same thing with Ardley
    So we have to pay for his fcuk ups

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    So we have to pay for his fcuk ups
    Well we also don't have a pot to urinate in as well so we won't be spending money of yet another manager but effectively yes. Trew did it with sacking Derry and replacing with Moniz but that didn't work out at all, in our position, personally I'd get rid of Ardley and get in Martin Allen for the short term and stabilise in the summer hopefully still as a league 2 club but don't think Hardy will do that.

Before anyone jumps on my suggestion, Allen is a master at making an immediate impact and very nearly got Barnet out of a mess worse than what we are in now

Well we also don't have a pot to urinate in as well so we won't be spending money of yet another manager but effectively yes. Trew did it with sacking Derry and replacing with Moniz but that didn't work out at all, in our position, personally I'd get rid of Ardley and get in Martin Allen for the short term and stabilise in the summer hopefully still as a league 2 club but don't think Hardy will do that.

Before anyone jumps on my suggestion, Allen is a master at making an immediate impact and very nearly got Barnet out of a mess worse than what we are in now
    No!

This^^^.

If the worst happens and it most prob will, I wouldn't want Ardley as a non-league manager anyway. He has abso no experience of non-league.

Where would the money come from to pay off Ardley and Cox?

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    No!
    So you wouldn't let Allen loose for the 7 remaining games? If there is one lower league manager you'd trust to find some.magic escape, it's Martin Allen. Then I'd get a new manager prepped for the summer to do a rebuild

Keep Ardley, and give him next season to do things how he wants, patience.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Keep Ardley, and give him next season to do things how he wants, patience.
    This is the correct answer!!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast