+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Main priority in January Transfer window?

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    No probs WTF, seeing as you admit not actually seeing or hearing the match, ha but see it OK to comment on a player's performance. As for criticizing players, have never nor will I ever boo a Leeds player during a game.

As for being taken to the cleaners and the rot sets in: Felix Lge stats P11 W7 D2 L2 F19 A8 Pts23 CS 8

We all know he's not the finished article, but if that's rot setting in???
    You'd say black was white if it was possible to contradict anything I posted, so I suspect I'll not be reponding to your posts in future, but just as a "parting shot" so to speak, my comment was regarding the treatment of players "when they don't perform, and that the poor performance is consistent, as Wiedwalds has been", not just one game.

Neither did I say I would boo or catcall a player, simply that it happens, has happened for players a million miles better than Wiedwald and why (as Clive was suggesting) should a professional footballer playing for Leeds be given (or expect) an "easy ride" by those who pay their wages.

As for the stats......."lies, damned lies and statistics", you can say anything with figures, if you want, and have enough time on your hands. Actions on the pitch are what are required, not statistics (and even then you're giving those that relate to team performance, not that of one player)

Anyway, I'll leave you (although not the board) in peace now.

Do you remember the game he played for us this season, made a howler in that and didn't look interested. Green is history now, need to get behind current gks, even if they are average

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    Do you remember the game he played for us this season, made a howler in that and didn't look interested. Green is history now, need to get behind current gks, even if they are average
    "Average" would be tolerable Clive. Wiedwald is by no means average, wish he was. As for Lonergan, again, why has he been dropped after less game time than Wiedwald was given? Ok he hasn't covered himself in glory, but neither have any of our current GKs, why should Wiedwald be given special treatment?

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    Yes Clive, people were giving Green a hard time when he first came, and took me a while to have any confidence in him but remained always suspect to a howler, as many goalkeepers are. But you'd think we let Gordan Banks in his prime leave. An average keeper, played well and played crap. Hence no big rush for anyone to sign him, happy to sit on the bench at Dudds knowing that even though they get thumped 4 by Bournemouth and 5 by Arsenal..barring injuries he hasn't a snowball of getting in the team.
    Felix's early form hasn't been much different to that of Green when he arrived

As for Mr Drivel you didn't see the match not even hear it yet give your tuppence worth about one of our players... following your team isn't the same as going to the theatre/cinema/comedy club (doubt you ever go to one of them).. waiting to be entertained.... wonder if you would deride a family member playing a nightmare for Leeds, to some Leeds is a big family, obviously not you, only happy when being entertained.
    I think the key is in the word "supporter".. you know get behind the team...err maybe not..awh ignoring me coz i don't agree with your shyte

Yes Clive, people were giving Green a hard time when he first came, and took me a while to have any confidence in him but remained always suspect to a howler, as many goalkeepers are. But you'd think we let Gordan Banks in his prime leave. An average keeper, played well and played crap. Hence no big rush for anyone to sign him, happy to sit on the bench at Dudds knowing that even though they get thumped 4 by Bournemouth and 5 by Arsenal..barring injuries he hasn't a snowball of getting in the team.
    Felix's early form hasn't been much different to that of Green when he arrived

As for Mr Drivel you didn't see the match not even hear it yet give your tuppence worth about one of our players... following your team isn't the same as going to the theatre/cinema/comedy club (doubt you ever go to one of them).. waiting to be entertained.... wonder if you would deride a family member playing a nightmare for Leeds, to some Leeds is a big family, obviously not you, only happy when being entertained.
    I think the key is in the word "supporter".. you know get behind the team...err maybe not..awh ignoring me coz i don't agree with your shyte

Do you actually remember Green's debut..and his early form, especially home to Dudd's and some later games???
    Yep which is why i said he had his moments. But i also remember that for the second half of last season he was often the difference between us getting a point or three, or getting nothing. And we wouldn't have been in with a chance of the play-offs without his many great saves getting us out of trouble. He improved massively after a shaky start. Let's hope Felix does likewise.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    Yep which is why i said he had his moments. But i also remember that for the second half of last season he was often the difference between us getting a point or three, or getting nothing. And we wouldn't have been in with a chance of the play-offs without his many great saves getting us out of trouble. He improved massively after a shaky start. Let's hope Felix does likewise.
    Not a chance, the only clean sheets he will keep will be against the likes of teams like Barsley and (so it appears), Villa who wouldn't make me break sweat, never mind a half decent professional gk

"TC asked a lot about January. Not ruling deals out but doesn’t think signings are essential next month. Can Leeds make top six with the squad as it is? “I believe so.”

I thought we already had some sort of 'pre-contract' agreement with a Chinese midfielder ?

Hopefully deals can be done that dont involve us being taken for a ride. LB, CB and CF still needs adding to. Cant see GK situation changing until the summer and thats fair to give both Lonergan and Weidwald a proper chance even if its to our detriment.
    Last edited by jimmybn; 08-12-2017 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybn View Post
    Hopefully deals can be done that dont involve us being taken for a ride. LB, CB and CF still needs adding to. Cant see GK situation changing until the summer and thats fair to give both Lonergan and Weidwald a proper chance even if its to our detriment.
    Complete b0ll0x, "

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)