+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Magpie song by The Unthanks

O/T Magpie song by The Unthanks

This song was used as the ending of the first episode of the new series of Detectorists and I thought it was worth a share. If the Kop could match this en mass the opposition would be so spooked we'd hammer them Fabulous version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6gSYHJhuCw
    Last edited by SwalePie; 14-11-2017 at 09:31 PM.

... never heard such miserable tosh. The Kop would all have committed suicide and be at Wilford Hill if any of them tried to learn this! No thanks ...

Its a good song but its not a football song,they should be upbeat and bouncy where you try to get others to join in

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... never heard such miserable tosh. The Kop would all have committed suicide and be at Wilford Hill if any of them tried to learn this! No thanks ...
    Yes. The Kop part was a joke

Quote Originally Posted by chalky_ncfc View Post
    Its a good song but its not a football song,they should be upbeat and bouncy where you try to get others to join in
    Of course.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Yes. The Kop part was a joke
    But the Pavis could have it as their anthem!

I'm with swale on this one, it'd scare the sh!t out of the opposition team and fans if we all started singing it ha ha. Might as well adopt a new song seeing as the wheelbarrow is (tragically) dying a death. I love Notts cause we're different, who wants the same generic tunes as everyone else.