+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Lighten up ??? FFS BT, Bournemouth could, and should, have been out of sight by half-time. Get a grip man.
    Not quite true though, sinkov. We had as many chances as them in the first half, in spite of hitting into the strong wind.
    I had a hospitality treat yesterday so all was really good in the world. Great chat with Jim Thomson who was doing the ground tour, lovely meal and a good win to go with it all. What's to moan about.

By the way, your dad ---or was it your mum --was totally correct about football fans, in general, however, some of us are quite realistic about things.

Neither can I Sub, there are some fans now talking about European football next season who, only a few short weeks ago, had resigned themselves to Championship football next season.

Just goes to show that my old Dad was right, he used to say there were nowt so fickle as football fans, or was it my Mum ?
    Your Dad actually said that there were nowt so fickle as your Mum?

Dangerous talk...

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Your Dad actually said that there were nowt so fickle as your Mum?

Dangerous talk...
    Maybe he meant both 59.

When my mum died my dad found she had quite a bit of spare cash stashed away in a shoe box that he knew nothing about, I knew about it, my mum called it her slush fund, and I was often a beneficiary. He was quite distraught about it, he always managed the finances and he said, 'Why did she do that, if she ever wanted any money all she had to do was ask me'. He was very old school bless him, he couldn't quite grasp the fact that that was the very reason she did it.

"Bournemouth could, and should, have been out of sight by half-time."

I love it when you resort to talking pure unadulterated bollox sinkov!

We have probably the best current English goalkeeper in the middle of our goal sinkov.

Why do you think we have him?

Our defensive unit is so shoite we have only managed TEN clean sheets (might be eleven) in the EPL this season.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    "Bournemouth could, and should, have been out of sight by half-time."

I love it when you resort to talking pure unadulterated bollox sinkov!
    That was in response to your claim BT, on another thread, that we should have won by 7 or 8. I've run through the 30 minutes highlights again, these are the goal chances it shows,

C. Wilson....Pope saves. 0-1
    Vydra....Ramsdale saves. 1-1
    King scores....VAR rules out. 1-2
    H. Wilson header....Pope saves. 1-3
    Stacey far post....Pope saves. 1-4
    Vydra....Ramsdale saves. 2-4

Half Time 2-4

Vydra scores. 3-4
    H. Wilson scores....VAR rules out. 3-5
    Jay pen. 4-5
    Jay....Ramsdale saves. 5-5
    Jay....Ramsdale saves. 6-5
    Vydra wide. 7-5
    McNeil post. 8-5
    McNeil scores. 9-5
    C. Wilson wide. 9-6.

So, just like I said, Bournemouth could have been well in front at half-time, and it wasn't until the 1-1 to 2-0 scenario that we began to run away with it. My view is borne out by the above, I just gave a reasonable and fair assessment of what I saw on the 30 minute highlights programme. Somehow you seem to think we should have won by 7 or 8, well maybe if the highlights programme missed out 4/5/6 good chances that we had, and if it did I'm sure you or Sub will tell me all about them. But in the meantime I can only say, on the evidence I've seen, it's your 'could/should have won by 7 or 8' that's unadulterated bollox.

Goals that are disallowed simply do not count, so that's two off your tally. Remove two.
    Blatant penalty for Burnley when Cook handled. Add one.
    Three saves from Ramsdale that were out of this world. Add three.
    4 + 3 = 7.
    Try and keep up sinky?

My verdict is other than Liverpool, Leicester and Shef Utd everyone has had a crap season, the amount of teams that should have buried us and we ended taking points is crazy, good for us..

That was in response to your claim BT, on another thread, that we should have won by 7 or 8. I've run through the 30 minutes highlights again, these are the goal chances it shows,

C. Wilson....Pope saves. 0-1
    Vydra....Ramsdale saves. 1-1
    King scores....VAR rules out. 1-2
    H. Wilson header....Pope saves. 1-3
    Stacey far post....Pope saves. 1-4
    Vydra....Ramsdale saves. 2-4

Half Time 2-4

Vydra scores. 3-4
    H. Wilson scores....VAR rules out. 3-5
    Jay pen. 4-5
    Jay....Ramsdale saves. 5-5
    Jay....Ramsdale saves. 6-5
    Vydra wide. 7-5
    McNeil post. 8-5
    McNeil scores. 9-5
    C. Wilson wide. 9-6.

So, just like I said, Bournemouth could have been well in front at half-time, and it wasn't until the 1-1 to 2-0 scenario that we began to run away with it. My view is borne out by the above, I just gave a reasonable and fair assessment of what I saw on the 30 minute highlights programme. Somehow you seem to think we should have won by 7 or 8, well maybe if the highlights programme missed out 4/5/6 good chances that we had, and if it did I'm sure you or Sub will tell me all about them. But in the meantime I can only say, on the evidence I've seen, it's your 'could/should have won by 7 or 8' that's unadulterated bollox.
    lol it doesn't really work like that..

you get first goal disallowed, when it was a goal( shoulder is not hand ball!!!)
    you score a equaliser and instantly thats flipped to a penalty and your 0-2 down lol heads have gone then and there!!

you then go chancing the game and holes appear and the opposition counter attacks for fun..

Quote Originally Posted by FromTheDarkness View Post

you get first goal disallowed, when it was a goal( shoulder is not hand ball!!!)
    you score a equaliser and instantly thats flipped to a penalty and your 0-2 down lol heads have gone then and there!!

you then go chancing the game and holes appear and the opposition counter attacks for fun..
    You tell him mate!

Quote Originally Posted by FromTheDarkness View Post

Shoulder is not handball but the top of the arm is and that is where it hit Billings and he propelled the ball with it.
    Billings does ont know what a shoulder is anyway because he claimed that he had hit Westwood shoulder to shoulder right in front of Mike Dean in the second half when what he had actually done was lean into Westwood's back with the top of his arm leading ---foul play. Anyway, it is all hypothetical now because we won,, they lost and life goes on ---it's only a game and all the furore from Eddie Howe, pundits etc., etc. is way OTT and will continue to be so.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)