+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 171 of 209 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 2083

Thread: January transfers

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Its not ignorance
    It's taking known facts and applying reason and logic to it.
    Whether you agree my opinion or not is your choice.

I'm struggling to find how your post is relevant to the post of mine that you replied to essentially saying to agree to disagree on how we approach Celtic games
    There's no need to be defensive Mr Mad, I was paying you a compliment

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Surely having a go couldn't be worse than this

13/14
    H- Lost 2-0
    A-Lost 3—1
    H-Won 2-1
    A-Lost 5-2

14/15
    A-Lost 2-1
    H-Lost 2-1
    A- Lost 4-0
    H-Lost 1-0

15/16
    H- Won 2-1
    A-Lost 3-1
    H-Won 2-1
    A-Lost 3-2

16/17
    A – Lost 4-1
    H- Lost 1-0
    N- Lost 3-0
    A – Lost 1-0
    H – Lost 3-1
    N – Lost 2-1

17/18
    H- Lost 3-0
    A – Lost 3-0
    H- Lost 2-0
    A – Won 1-0

18/19
    H- Lost 1-0
    N – Lost 1-0

P24 W4 D0 L20 F19 A 53

I wonder if there is a league anywhere else where the second best team has been the best teams bitches to this extent?

I also wonder if there is another league where the second best team lost 10 in a row to the best team?

I also wonder if there is a another league where the second best team have shipped 53 in 24 games to the best team?

If the second best team doesn't put up a fight then the games a bogey

Anyway

You said we would finish bottom of the league in nine**** can**** so your actual facts are no good here. Be gone with you and your statistics. Let's all lie down to Celtic and soon Sevco.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Why could it not?
    Maybe the gung-ho approach could see us score double the amount of goals against them, but similarly concede double the amount as well.
    Its entirely possible that we win fewer games, so all a bit hypothetical and no guarantee as you put it earlier.
    Indeed its your guarantee that makes me more convinced that the tactics are correct as your record is not very good.

In you comparisons with other leagues, make sure the financial difference is also replicated.

Sounds like acceptance of that record to me

P24 W4 D0 L20 F19 A 53
    It truly is a magnificent record against a team that's played Dedryck Boyata in many of these games...

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    Is there another top flight European league where the top team has 6x the revenue of the 2nd placed team?

To put things into perspective, in 2018 the team with the lowest income in the top flight in England was Hull with £117m compared to top earning Man Utd at £520m; less than the gap between Celtic and AFC.
    To compare English fitba to anything is crazy talk. The deals they get are f@cking bonkers

I don't know the finances of clubs in Europe but out of my under dog examples im sure Rijeka are a hell of a lot worse off than Dinamo Zagreb after all of their CL monies over their recent dominant times, Leicester well who knows as I have a feeling Engish football is bent as f@ck in terms of financing so who knows what goes on there and I don't care but the did say the team cost 50 m to build. Drop in the ocean to Chelsea and Man City. But I do know first hand about YB as I have had the pleasure of visiting the W@nkdorf and ending up having pre and post game beers with a group of their fans. Basel had straight CL for 8 years prior to YB winning last season in most of which they made the groups . In the previous four**** seasons only FC Zurich were the other winners on three occasions. Basel were signing players ten times the price of what Young Boys were buying. So again I will say they are an excellent comparison to ourselves. One league win in 32 years and they are now on course for a second in a row.
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 30-01-2019 at 01:52 PM.

Sounds like acceptance of that record to me

Doesn't bother me too much that folk accept that, the problem for me is that those accepting it are the ones happy to move to a new stadium. Why bother?

As a lot of folk have said the Pigs are not that much better than us. To a layman like me there is no huge gulf, just pace with ability which is hard to find.

Against the pigs we haven't always had the most secure defensive unit for the attacking play that everyone seems to desperately want. Perhaps if Devlin returns and McKenna isn't out for too long DM might build on a reasonably encouraging performance on Boxing Day.

My issue isn't so much with the tactics (certainly this season) its 2 other issues that f@ck us over time and again.

The first being the lack of 'streetwise' type players other than Shinnie we have. The amount of times the likes of Brown and Rogic either intimidate players or bully officials is unbelievable. Brown as well as being a c@nt is a master at deception, dragging players into conflict that causes us to loose our shape and concentration. I despise him, but he alone is probably worth 5 or 6 points at least to them a season with his general c@ntyness. All too often we get lured in. In the Cup final when he came on, mentally my gut feeling was we wouldn't beat them. I suspect that was the same for some of our players. If he f@cks off that's a plus for us we should exploit. Perhaps some proper mannies sports psychology could help us here. Shinnie himself may be part of the problem. His ability to get sucked into a scrap is terrifying. A calm head is required against such minkers.

The second problem is our inability to concentrate as a team for 90 minutes which is inextricably linked to the first issue. Its rare to see the pigs loose any goals because of a lack of collective concentration. I have no idea what the underlying issue is, lack of experience perhaps but its not like we don't have players who have not played elsewhere or experienced pressure situations against rivals.

All too often we switch off at crucial periods, goodness knows why but for a while now we have too many 'flair' players that drift in and out of games with their heads often down, examples being the likes of Pawlett in the past and currently GMS, Scott Wright etc. (I am hoping to Christ McLennan wont go down that route). It may not be the cause, but a keen eye will often spot these type of players way out of position at crucial stages.

Its rare for us to go 90 mins against them without 1 or the other happening.

You have to get the basics right against teams of equal or better technical ability if you want to beat them playing attacking fitba.
    Last edited by WatsonNimrod; 30-01-2019 at 02:05 PM. Reason: .

Had to log in to complain that the 2 stars seem to be getting banded about a bit too often.

The ab-mad 2 star badge of honour is to be used sparingly and only in cases where afcmad deems the post in question has passed all rigorous forum quality criteria.

Please bear this in mind, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    You said we would finish bottom of the league in nine**** can**** so your actual facts are no good here. Be gone with you and your statistics. Let's all lie down to Celtic and soon Sevco.
    Stats,tats and actual facts!......as most know I do like a punt......2014 A in SC, decent punt on to win and a cheeky wee pony on @ 100’s to win 3-1......Rooney blasts one over when sent thru in the last minute, Ach weel, still a win and paid for a fine holiday.....lying down/bowing or fitever is thankfully not part of this and indeed most dandy’s DNA.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Had to log in to complain that the 2 stars seem to be getting banded about a bit too often.

The ab-mad 2 star badge of honour is to be used sparingly and only in cases where afcmad deems the post in question has passed all rigorous forum quality criteria.

Please bear this in mind, thanks.

Page 171 of 209 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181 ... LastLast