+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Match Thread vs. Port Vale 01/01/18

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    What was the weather like at the match yesterday??
    ...oh yes, and apparently we are frightened to roll the ball out to Toots or Jones in case they trip over their boot laces whilst trundling to the halfway line.....yes, Kels, we will be fine in L1....it will be a walk in the park firing the long ball up into the ionosphere, might need to change the launch angle a tad....those menacing L1 strikers are averaging 7 foot 3 inches I hear.

The match weather was fine thanks Kels, though I had to change the angle of the sun lounger under the palm tree as the 25 degree sun was bouncing off the computer screen at the wrong angle....I was even allowed to drink alcohol at the pitchside

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Grant and Yates are loan players, our forward twosome are approaching a combined age of 80 years, Smith is a regular substitute which pretty much is self explanatory, Hawk occasionally runs around like a headless chicken and rarely beats his man and Duffers regularly falls over like a harpooned wilderbeast.......so it might be a good idea to start planning for our life in L1......actually, listening to Nolo on iFollow, I think he already has a few "irons in the fire"
    KN thinks Notts in strong position to sign Grant and Yates permanently.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/...on-sign-997989

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    KN thinks Notts in strong position to sign Grant and Yates permanently.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/...on-sign-997989
    Sounds like we are in a "wait and see what the new Forest manager wants to do" rather than us putting an actual bid for them....we have obviously expressed an interest though.

Anyone hazard a guess as to how much they are worth.....Noble was an experienced club captain of a promo~winning side when we offered 100K......thoughts on a similar value for 2 up~n~coming youngsters?
    Last edited by tarquinbeech; 02-01-2018 at 01:14 PM.

...oh yes, and apparently we are frightened to roll the ball out to Toots or Jones in case they trip over their boot laces whilst trundling to the halfway line.....yes, Kels, we will be fine in L1....it will be a walk in the park firing the long ball up into the ionosphere, might need to change the launch angle a tad....those menacing L1 strikers are averaging 7 foot 3 inches I hear.

The match weather was fine thanks Kels, though I had to change the angle of the sun lounger under the palm tree as the 25 degree sun was bouncing off the computer screen at the wrong angle....I was even allowed to drink alcohol at the pitchside
    Wow where did that come from that we are frightened to roll the ball out?

Did you notice the rain this time?

Sounds like we are in a "wait and see what the new Forest manager wants to do" rather than us putting an actual bid for them....we have obviously expressed an interest though.

Anyone hazard a guess as to how much they are worth.....Noble was an experienced club captain of a promo~winning side when we offered 100K......thoughts on a similar value for 2 up~n~coming youngsters?
    £20 the pair. January sales. Definitely a fair deal.

Grant we’ve got no chance - his goals record and long contract make him worth at least £1m if they want to sell him.

Yates is more likely, though not sure what his contract is or how highly they rate him. Wouldn’t be amazed if that £100k was enough to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    Grant we’ve got no chance - his goals record and long contract make him worth at least £1m if they want to sell him.

Yates is more likely, though not sure what his contract is or how highly they rate him. Wouldn’t be amazed if that £100k was enough to get him.
    I agree Jacob, some league 1 side or lower championship side will probably come in for Grant especially if he keeps on scoring until the end of the season. His tally is excellent playing from wide on the left. Forest might want to keep Yates as he is only 19, he would be a good signing for us or even another season long loan would do nicely.

Grant and Yates are loan players, our forward twosome are approaching a combined age of 80 years, Smith is a regular substitute which pretty much is self explanatory, Hawk occasionally runs around like a headless chicken and rarely beats his man and Duffers regularly falls over like a harpooned wilderbeast.......so it might be a good idea to start planning for our life in L1......actually, listening to Nolo on iFollow, I think he already has a few "irons in the fire"
    What he said

I would be amazed if we landed either of them, on top of that Grant signed a new contract in the summer, I’m guessing a million is about right. Personally if I had a choice of only one of them I’d be tempted to take Yates.

Would be frankly amazed if we signed grant. Only with a forest fire sale would we be likely to get him. Yates might be another question entirely though. I'd be happy signing either though.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213