+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 49 of 55 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Why don't they ask the remainers who have come out and said we didn't vote to leave but accept the democratic decision and don't want a second referendum and want the government to get on with it.
    And excuse me if I don't have much confidence in polls. Didn't the polls before the referendum say remain would win easily, and didn't they say that the Tories would easily win the last election? And the election before that they predicted a hung parliament, and wasn't Clinton supposed to be the next president according to the polls?
    Let us wait and see what kind of deal we get (if any) before asking hypothetical questions because it seems to be all what ifs at the moment.
    If you watch the interview with Andrew Bridgend on YouTube you will realise how this con has been in the planning for ages - it's a 'must see' and if you think vicars daughters shouldn't lie you'll be put right.

Anyone who voted Leave should watch it and remember it when next at the ballot box.

Remoaners will find it a laugh I'm sure.
    They won't be laughing when Labour wrecks the economy. It will be one holiday per year then.

"Betrayal. Tory MP calls on cabinet to resign over Mays Brexit' deal" is the title of the video.

Makes sense now, why that bitch turned Farage's offer of help with negotiation.
    If there was one person who wouldn't take any **** from them, it was NF.

Only Thatcher has stood up to them more.

Quote Originally Posted by dam617 View Post
    If you watch the interview with Andrew Bridgend on YouTube you will realise how this con has been in the planning for ages - it's a 'must see' and if you think vicars daughters shouldn't lie you'll be put right.

Anyone who voted Leave should watch it and remember it when next at the ballot box.

Remoaners will find it a laugh I'm sure.
    They won't be laughing when Labour wrecks the economy. It will be one holiday per year then.

"Betrayal. Tory MP calls on cabinet to resign over Mays Brexit' deal" is the title of the video.
    If you mean go on holiday once a year then I've had one holiday in four years under the Tories, yipppeeeee!

I'm not May's biggest fan but I have a grudging respect for the job she's doing under difficult circumstances.

I don't think that kind of language helps the political threads, which could be interesting if approached constructively, but usually end up in slanging matches.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I'm not May's biggest fan but I have a grudging respect for the job she's doing under difficult circumstances.

I don't think that kind of language helps the political threads, which could be interesting if approached constructively, but usually end up in slanging matches.
    The difficult circumstances just got worse, with Raab's resignation. He 'cannot in good conscience support draft Brexit agreement'.

I gave her the benefit of the doubt Driller.
    But she's trying to keep us tied in. If she does, they'll be no escape this time.
    She was a Cameron remainer before and filled that committee with remainers. It had disaster written all over it.
    Nothing less than a Canada type deal will satisfy those who wanted out.
    The turmoil is now beginning. Labour would vote against a lottery win, if it gave them a sniff of office.
    So there is no confidence there for the average man to get some justice.

Get you guns polished, it's revolution time.

Yep. Though she could have done herself a favour by not pretending the impossible was possible. Also by not appointing two of the most useless incompetents as Brexit Secretary, though I suspect that was an attempt at getting Brexiters to clean up their own mess.

This deal looks like it’s got next to no chance of getting through Parliament, a vote that’s happening at all thanks to that orrible Remoaner elite Gina Miller. The irony. To anyone who’s interested in politics it’s certainly fascinating times.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Yep. Though she could have done herself a favour by not pretending the impossible was possible. Also by not appointing two of the most useless incompetents as Brexit Secretary, though I suspect that was an attempt at getting Brexiters to clean up their own mess.

This deal looks like it’s got next to no chance of getting through Parliament, a vote that’s happening at all thanks to that orrible Remoaner elite Gina Miller. The irony. To anyone who’s interested in politics it’s certainly fascinating times.
    Raab resigns because of his 'good conscience', but Gina Miller is 'orrible Remoaner elite'. Maybe she had a good conscience too?

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Raab resigns because of his 'good conscience', but Gina Miller is 'orrible Remoaner elite'. Maybe she had a good conscience too?

I was being a little bit sarky MM. When you hear a Brextremist saying angrily they’ll be voting against this deal, it’s worth remembering there wouldn’t be a vote at all if it wasn’t for Gina Miller, the person who brought a court case against the government to force a vote on the Withdrawal Agreement and was subject to all sorts of racist and misogynistic abuse from er Brexiters.

Raab didn’t know until last week how important the Dover-Calais route was to UK trade. He’ll be a real loss.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I was being a little bit sarky MM. When you hear a Brextremist saying angrily they’ll be voting against this deal, it’s worth remembering there wouldn’t be a vote at all if it wasn’t for Gina Miller, the person who brought a court case against the government to force a vote on the Withdrawal Agreement and was subject to all sorts of racist and misogynistic abuse from er Brexiters.

Raab didn’t know until last week how important the Dover-Calais route was to UK trade. He’ll be a real loss.

Bring on a Corbyn government, I can’t wait for our enconmy to be Venezuela Mark2.

Page 49 of 55 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast